Dogomania

Neighbors dog and the burgundy Truck

Crystal

My neighbor has a dog named Tanner. He is the funniest looking dog in the world. He is also Toby's play buddy and they have loads of fun together. Well yesterday they were playing and I was talking to his owner. She said he got hit by a truck the night before. Not to shocking. Now for some history.

We have lived her for about a year. Well at first Tanner was always on a chain in the carport all day. Then at night he slept in a crate in the house. When I first met the old lady she said he was bigger than she was told he would be. I figured that meant she wasn't all to happy with him. Well a month or two ago she starts letting Tanner go all day. I thought it was odd. Then I see her out in the yard with what I thought was a little black kitten. Turns out it was a puppy her son got her. I can't remember what breed, but it was a small dog. Just what she wanted. Well it stays indoors all the time, only out to potty. So Tanner gets outside loose all day. He chases cars bad.

Ok, now so he got hit and the guy said he thought he ran all the way over him. Tanner only has one sore foot, so I guess that is all that got hit. He is ok now though. She doesn't want to tie him back up and will not keep him inside loose because he is to big. He sleeps in a crate inside at night.

This dog is so not trained. She calls and calls him, but he runs the other way. Most of the time he is dragging his leash because he pulled away from her. It drives me crazy to see him chase cars. You can yell and yell and he goes all the way to the end of the road.

Toby makes this dog look like a fool. Toby always comes when called. She will try to catch Tanner when playtime is over and I will call Toby. I have Toby in less than 10 seconds and it takes her all of 20 minutes or more to get Tanner. I can't help but laugh, as it is her own fault for not training him.

Anways I guess I just wanted to vent. I feel bad for the dog because he is going to get run over worse one day. I don't know why dogs like to chase cars nor do I know anything that can stop them. I told her maybe now he would stay out of the road. What else can I do? She refuses to tie him back up now. GRRRRRR :evil:

The last thing I want to see is Tanner as Road Kill infront of my house. It would break my daughters heart. She usually helps catch him. I'm a little ticked off her. I will stop ranting now.

Better yet, see if you can convince her to allow you to find a new home. She obviously hasn't put any effort into this dog and probably won't put any effort into rehoming him. If you could find him a home, it'll be no effort on her part and Tanner won't just go to the first loser who comes along.

She has had him for a few years and says she loves him and couldn't part with him. I've never meet a more unruley animal. I'd beat myself over the head if my animal listened like hers, which is not at all.

Animal Control here sucks. They are lazy and never ever come when they say they will. They are the worst people I've ever meet, they are not out to help animals, they want a paycheck.