Dogomania

NO BOND???

Crystal

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kittygirl109']The harsh tone, and the way she says she has never made a mistake. What a lie. Everyone makes mistakes, especially with dogs.[/quote]
I can agree with making mistakes with dogs. Right now we're working on training the running off out of Cinco. But K has been a member of this board since who knows how long(If I remember right she helped start it?) and she pretty much knows what she's talking about.

[quote]And now that I've said to stay out of it, that's precisely what I'm gonna do. LOL **exit stage left** [/quote]
*Follows Dober*

[quote name='StarGaze']It's [b]very[/b] possible to not have had any of the accidents K refered to! I can count on [i]less[/i] than one hand the number of times I've had a loose dog. I've had unaltered dogs live together for [i]years[/i] with no accidental litters...[i]notta one[/i].[/quote]

I understand that, I mean we haven't had that kind of mistake eithier. But I mean she sounded like she makes NO mistakes. No nipping, no mistake in general with dogs.

Kitty, dont take it so personally. K has owned dogs for practically forever as I have. the longer you have them, the more you learn. My dogs dont nip, as soon as they start I stop them. they let me take their food away.
they get nothing outside of NILIF. they sit, they stay, they dont go outside until they've earned it. it's one of theose things that comes with time, and experience. she (and I) sometimes get intolerant of people who have been given the best advice, aquired through experience, and still argue about it.

K's post was not a personal attack, nor is mine. there is something to be said for personal experience, that book learning wont tell you.

8)

I'm a really sorry as to causing everyone so much trouble. I had a really bad week last week. On top of having an ear ache Toby was being big pain last week. He was refusing to listen to me and acting like he was the boss. I felt like he hated me. I've always tried my best with him sometimes my best is not good enough, but I'm no expert I'm still learning.

I have apologized for my mistakes in the past with McKenzie. I don't see why I have to apologize so many times but I have. My life was bad then. Things were falling apart. I had lost practically everything and my world was falling apart. I lost a baby and the strain on my marriage was tough enough without my husband losing his job. Then we lost the house we lived in and so on. Things feel apart. At that moment I didn't put enough attention into things. McKenzie was however my comfort. I could sit and cry with her all cuddled up to me. She always made me feel better. I would sit and talk to her about my problems. I mean honestly talk to her. I was never one to speak up for myself much and I let the people I was around walk all over me. I was weak and I did as I was told. I should have had McKenzie fixed or atleast have put her inside when she was in heat and kept the other dogs away. I didn't do anything on purpose, I was irresponsible. I know that.

Ok now that I explained the worst time in my life I will move on. It was not an excuse, there is not one but maybe that will help people understand a little.

If I never bond with Toby he is ours. He lives here and is part of our family. We spent alot of time together this weekend. (that is when I wasn't in the ER for my horrible ear infection) He helped me plant my flower seeds, so cute by the way. He ran around with the kids and my husband even played with him. I was explaining him to my hubby and trying to tell him about NILIF. He often gives in to Toby and gives him what he wants without making him earn it. I think it is better for Toby to see we are in charge. By the way I learned all about NILIF here and it was excellent advice.

I'm sorry for anything I said that may have hurt anyone, I don't think I did but if I did I am sorry. I'm sorry this is all twisted and made me out to look horrible to some people. I had great respect for alot of people on here, but I never knew such a grudge was held against me. No one ever exspressed such awful feelings back when I had McKenzie. She and Toby are total opposites and I have realized that and I know he may never love me like she did. He loves in his own unique way and I understand that.

As to any inconsistances there may have been I was rushing to defend myself in times and may have typed things incorrectly, again I apologize. I felt personally attacked and I jumped and rambeled off as fast as possible.

I hope everyone can get past the harsh feelings they have towards me. I have learned alot here and I am sure if we can get past this I can learn more. I just want to say regardless of what was said and such I have no hard feelings towards anyone at all. I don't hold grudges at all. In my mind it is all resolved and I hope we can be friendly again. However if you feel my being here will only cause problems let me know. I respect everyones feelings.