Dogomania

This made my stomach hurt!

pomeranians

Ok, I don't know if anyone will even care to read all this, but I've got to get this off my chest...

As some of you may know, I own a pom, that I got just recently. When I got him, my Mom showed me all the site's of the breeder's she had considerd buying from. (I think I asked out of curiosity is why...). One was located in CA, run by a couple of guys who seemed very caring about their dogs. Then, about a week ago I saw Nichole Richie on Jay Leno talking about a pom she'd purchased from a CA breeder being WAY overpriced, and that she had "made some phone calls", and *I think* got refunnded. But what really gave me a chuckle is when she said the people had gotten aressted. I said to my mom, "You think that shes talking about those people?". We both kind of laughed, and I completly forgot about it.

Now though, just tonight, I was reading through some posts on another doggie board, an it had a title something like "Beware Pom Puppy Buyers!", something like that. Of course, my love of poms "forced" me to read it. So, I was scanning down the post, and I read some HORRIFYING things.

These are quotes from the post the person had made:

"The police raided a Pom breeders home in Dana Point, CA where they had been keeping 30 poms in their attic (including 2 more dead in a freezer)."

"Also note that they don't show pictures of their breeding stock, just the puppies."

"The dogs were sick and had all sorts of problems and have now been removed from the home and the owners arrested."

OMG. :o That is not only sickeing, but it makes my heart go out to all those poor little dogs... :cry:. Also, according to the poster, they are right back at breeding their dogs. :evil:

And on top of all that, my mom was considering buying a pup from them! Good thing we didn't, supporting those peoples breeding practices would be a terrible thing to do, and I would regret it all my life.

I've been a little "confuzed" for about an hour, so, I hope everything I said came out understandable. I was just so frightened to think I could have actually gotten a puppy from them, and shakin up to hear that animals are being treated that badly, by people I THOUGHT were kind-hearted.

All of the Pom puppies have been adopted! :D

[url]http://www.petprojectfoundation.org/adopt_a_dog.shtml[/url]

There are pictures of them on this page:
[url]http://www.petprojectfoundation.org/pom.shtml[/url]

I live in the area - there were tons of people who applied for them. It is very sad that these people kept their dogs in bad conditions. Luckily they all have very carefully screened homes now.

B-1 Did look like a hedgehog! I am partial to Carl (F-4?). You are all right, they don't look like any of the poms I have seen. And to think these people were charging between $800 - $8,000 for them. What the heck is that? $8,000!?! :eek: Outrageous nonsense.

I'm glad they are prosecuting the case and the puppies are all safe & sound now.

Yeah, and I thought my breeder was charging alot for the show pups. She was selling them for $1,000 (some more...). Which is practically nothing cimpared to $8,000. Thats WAY to much.

I hate those people so much... I looked on their site, and they have about 20 more pups for sale now. :cry: :evil: