Dogomania

Should a dog aggressive dog have puppy's?

[quote name='odnarb'][quote name='DogPaddle']I was definately under the impression that the AmStaff folks balked at the suggestion of changing the breed but I personnally only knew 1 decent but not good AmStaff breeder and knew 2 crappy ones distantly. Whenver I have suggested it here there is a flurry of objections. :niewiem: Oh well. [/quote]

Well, let me rephrase that, a good deal of AmStaf breeders are trying. There are a few that are still true to the breed, but even more that try to distance themselves from the APBT. I see the dogs betting bigger and slower (in mind AND body :o )[/quote]

I have a question about this for you, you are much more of an expert than I in the area of genetics. With Pablo he is built to the standard I believe is correct, maybe a little big at 64.4 lbs, but still very athletic and well proportioned. His temperment, while still likely to grow in the dog aggression area, is exactly what my lifestyle requires. I have owned dog- aggressive dogs, from the mild to extreme and prefer the lesser. So do you believe its at all possible to keep conformation, brains, and ability to perform while breeding out dog aggression? I am just curious, the beliefs on this are so varied, from what I have personally experienced I believe it is possible to breed out sever aggression making the dogs more friendly to our political enviroment without losing the things we all love so dearly about the breed. Just curious.