Dogomania

"New" Breeds?

Westerlea

first of all, "between the wrinkles" is a great nickname! :D
people should not be throwing malamutes and pyrs in a blender with gsds. :x
pyrs and malamutes are not even good dogs to own together, why would someone want to take that kind of a chance with a possible volatile mixed breed?

The Shiloh and Kings ARE true breeds. They reproduce in a predictable manner both physically and behavioraly. Technically, that makes them a pure breed. I know people who have owned and worked with both breeds. Just because they started out a mix doesn't mean they are still just mixed breeds. ALL of todays "pure breds" started out mixed breed mutts.

~Seij

The breeders of the Shiloh wanted a dog that reflected on what the GSD USED to be, they weren't just going for something big. Also, in this day and age, with so many dogs being bred purely for human companions, I couldn't care less that these dogs were created for no "real" purpose. Plenty of breeds were bred just as companions, The SHih Tzu for example. IMO, being a companion IS a "real" job.

~Seij

in the case of the shilohs and kings, they must have an ancestry going further back than I realized-i was under the impression that they were still kind of in that "labradoodle" stage where you never know what you will get and in that case crossing pyrs and malamutes in that mix could be potentially hazardous...
sorry.
didn't the tibetan spaniel used to turn the prayer wheel in buddhist temples? what a great job! :lol: