Dogomania

Haley is pooped

gooeydog

She's been out and about most of the day, first a trip to the school earlier with me and some family, then she came home and got "decorated" (we colored her green and drew on some fake stitches... frankendog) for Halloween, then tied out in the yard while we did some work, then finally she got to go trick or treating with us and all the kids (we had 2 babies, 5 other kids of various ages, and a horde of adults to go along with em). She was a maniac when we left the house to go, seeing all those people gathered around -just for her, I'm sure she thought- put her right over the edge, she carried on (whining, dancing around with her toy, almost bowled over my friend's father when he knelt down to visit with her) so much I almost decided to take her back over to the house. She eventually settled in a bit, and got to meet a friend of my sisters she'd never seen before before we headed out. When he asked "is she a pit bull?", I braced myself to hear a lecture, but he seemed not the least concerned with my answer, just kept playing with her and talking about what a nice dog she was :lol

We went to the neighborhood store first, it's almost 1/2 mile away, and she carried her toy in her mouth almost the whole way, she was so excited. There she got some pets and attention, and part of a hot dog ( :oops: ). We hung out there for a few minutes while everyone ate, and she had a chance to get a drink and take a little rest, then we headed down a side road. She did pretty good, since she could take a little break at every house the kids stopped at, and she made full advantage of it. She'd be laying down upright, then notice someone looking at her, and sprawl out on her side hoping for belly rubs. My aunt was dressed as a cow, and we all had a good laugh when Hale noticed her "udder" and started trying to pull it off :lol: . Everyone who passed was a reason to wag her tail and grab the toy from me again, no matter what they were dressed as. At one point we were waiting at the top of someone's driveway while everyone else we were with went to the house, and I noticed a person in a werewolf costume (mask and all) leaning on the mailbox across the drive from us. Haley didn't see them there, but as soon as they went to resituate themselves and said something, she whipped around and went into a fit of happiness, whining, wagging, and trying to drag me over there to see them. The only thing she didn't like was one of those blow up ghosts in someone's yard, we had a pretty good wind blowing through, and the ghost kept rocking back and forth. She peered at it while woofing under her breath... how scary :roll:

She's slept most of the evening since everyone left, now I know how to get her to behave herself :evilbat: