Dogomania

getting into agility

Baileysmom

Im looking into getting Bailey into agility, Ive thought about it for awhile and recently had the opportunity to take her though a little course and try it out and she did awesome, so Im really excited....... the few that Ive found so far are running $90 - $100 for 6 weeks, Im wondering - does this seem about normal or high or what? I know it would vary state to state a little, but i wanted an idea if that sounds right or if I should do some more looking.........

Doberfanatic said just what I was going to say! Try a club. I belong to Columbus All Breed. I pay a yearly membership of $85 and I can take as many classes I want, any night of the week, with any dog. It doesn't even have to be my own!

They have agility, obedience, conformation, flyball, clicker and a few more speciality classes.

I pay 110$ for every 6 weeks of class. Or if I cant make the all the classes due to schedule conflicts I end up paying 20$ for each class I take.

It really depends on where you live. I know that in Arizona there are alot of agility clubs...so rates are ALOT cheaper as there is competition. I went to a trial while I was there a few years back and there were classes going for 50$ for 6 weeks.

However here in Maryland there is no competition, the place I train is the only place for hours...so they can really charge whatever they want and get away with it.

Good Luck starting agility, it is a blast, and HIGHLY addicting!

RAT would be a fine choice. This is another good one: [url]http://www.agilityfun.com/index.html[/url]
I know some people who train there.

I don't think you'll have much luck finding the kind of club that lets you take classes for free, but you could look around, I might be wrong. I know we don't have any in Portland, but I don't know Washington [i]that[/i] well.

Guest Anonymous

BM let me know what you find out. lol so we can start together.. i'm still trying to figure out if i want Both Coidy and Boonie in it or just Boonie and keep Cody to Flyball.. but flyball this weekend was kinda a bad experience....

Guest Anonymous

sarah - I have looked at classes through positive approach, Rainier Agility Team, and one of the instructors through RAT has Vortex Agility.......
it sounds liek a club would be a good idea - should I jsut google to find one??

You can't go wrong with Vortex, if Kent is close to you. If you are considering competing, you will get some of the best instruction there, I have been taking lessons with Sandra for about three years and she is probably the best instructor in the area, IMHO. Another great place to start out, again, if you are in the area, is Seattle Agility Center. You can take lessons with the RAT club, but you would be lucky to get in anytime soon - that would be a cheaper option, for sure. They have classes in Redmond or Kent. Another place to check out is Argus Ranch for Dogs, they have some good instructors there - its in Auburn, and if you take class there, you have a little advantage in competition, because a lot of our trials are there and it means it wouldn't be a new, strange environment for your dog to compete in. Good Luck!!! And if you need contact info for Vortex, let me know.