Dogomania

Freestyling

What are your thoughts on it?Most people enroll their dog in agility or flyball,but what about freestyling?

I self-trained my dog to ''freestyle'' to some rap beats.Of course it took some months & patience but she's got it.One of her speciality is to the song ''kunck if you buck'' sung by crime mob,were the steps are right front paw foward,left front paw foward,step to the left,step to the right & spin. :D Are any of your dogs involved in freestyling? :)

Guest Anonymous

I hav clue how to start but if I were to have someone who could help me get started I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Agility is hard enough to find non AKC events in this area (I have mix breeds) so I doubt I'll even find a freestyle anything here.

oh yeah Meg and I do canine freestyle and heelwork to music. Its great fun and we have done a couple of routines at Crufts before, like Grease, Oliver twist and Abba dancin' queen and line dancing :wink: In N.Ireland they dont do it competitively so we mainly just did it for fun and for demos at schools, festivals, hospitals and other events.