Dogomania

Funny Story

True_Pits

This is a little funny. I was talking to a friend who has a female I used to own. Anyway she would always, always try to get the other dogs started and had to be barking and trying to start something with her loud mouth. She is a high pitched barke to make matters worse, when I pull up to his place I can always here her barking somewhere out there. She even got ahold of one of his dogs after being given to him. He was talking about showing her the beginning of next year, then he says she's calmed down though. I was like what?. He said yeah, well the other day when we had a big thunderstorm a branch broke over her house and got tangled up in her chain. It released her chain and she ran past all the other dogs and straight in the house to me. I couldn't help but laugh, thinking about the loud mouth, wild dog so scared that she ran past the other dogs. She was really shook up from the "attack of the tree branch". He did follow up saying she does still try to argue with the others and is back to herself, but for the moment she was so terrified she could think of nothing but getting to him.

And really in the show ring she's not much of a trouble starter, its just on the yard when she wants to bark her head off real loud and high pitch.

I would hope she's never hit by lightning! No way to take all the dogs inside just because of a T-storm. That would be all the time, it T-Storms often. During an ice storm I had branches falling everywhere on my yard, it was crazy, crushed a whole kennel and landed on a dog house. My dogs were inside because of the storm and temps (some dogs were out despite the storm which caused powerlines to fall and was actually dangerous to anything outside, some people leave them out when their is temp warnings too), but it would be horrible if the dog was in the kennel. I couldn't believe all the damage this storm caused, everywhere was covered with sticks and so many large branches.
After re-reading it I can see its doesnt sound so funny you would have to know the dog and the situation. Normally she would have played with the treebranch (which wasnt real huge or anything at all) but she's always had a slight fear of thunder so maybe that did it. He should be using bullsnaps anyway instead of what he is IMO. When I had the dog she's was, just not happy-happy to see others, she loves people and would always sit to be petted and wag her tail, but she really loved me and bonded a lot with me. There was a bond she wouldn't have towards other people like she did with me. When he came to pick her up she was happy to see him and gave him a hug and acted in the same manner as she always done to me but never anyone else. So just to see her run past all the other dogs (esp one male that they argue a lot) and run right in the house and find him, it would have been kind of funny. Esp if you were him and the dog runs in and finds you. Its like child running to their parents room when it thunders. Had she not been such a tyrant I probably would have had her as a house dog alternating her and my current house dog. Actually I did because my current house dog was a puppy back when I had this dog so they were in the house together and she's a good "baby sitter", but if I had kept her I'd probably alternate and keep both of them in. Because she's a small female, perfect for inside. She also loves to work and it would keep her from arguing so much. Abosolutly loves puppies, lets them do whatever she's great with them. She just had the problem where she would want to argue with everyone, like she still does there. He took a rescue of mutts (not sure how they'll turn out) these dogs were over 6 months old, malnourished and under socialized, so they are going to be very hard to work with, but all he can do is try. One climbed out of its 6 ft kennel and kept going up to her to tease her, it did know to stay away from her. It never got too close, but would to the more docile dogs and eat their food too. She didn't act aggressive either he just knew. He finally got the dog caught in a large cage (like you see them use on AP), otherwise there would have been no way they are so skidish to people one was finally warming up and wouldn't go to the opposite of the run when he went to feed him. Anyway the loose one stayed out of her reach. He basically has his baby spoiled male also, he and she are usually the 2 barking at eachother because the others could care less, but these two are always competing. If you set 2 weight pull tracks up by one another I'd bet you'd see to extremely fast pulling dogs trying to get to the end before the other. They are almost like to human siblings competing. Its like they are saying I can it better then you. I can bark louder. I can jump higher, ect.

[quote]I dont get it.........if you know the dog has a fear of thunder.....why leave the dog out?[/quote]

1. I used to bring her in plenty times during T-storms and just because she was good in the house. 2. She seemed to have got over her fears of storms when she was here. 3. I don't have her and didn't leave her out, as I said (if you read) she belongs to some one else now.

[quote]Why do you use such giant chains on your dogs?! The chains in your sig look like tow chains![/quote]

Because they are the only thing that hold. They are secure and wont break. Giving safety and security. I check the hardware everyday, replace anything warn and make sure everything is working properly.

Guest Anonymous

:o I think you are irrisponsible.. you said no way take all the dogs in just for a Thunder storm.. UHHH why the heck not? i see nothing funny at all about this "story" and i feel quite bad that the poor doggy had to go through that. :evil:

[quote name='DeafAussieLover']:o I think you are irrisponsible.. you said no way take all the dogs in just for a Thunder storm.. UHHH why the heck not? i see nothing funny at all about this "story" and i feel quite bad that the poor doggy had to go through that. :evil:[/quote]

I agree! Poor dogs! :x What if that tree branch had hit her or one of the other dogs? :x You should bring them in and give them the loving they so much deserve! :evil:

I'm very sorry if you guys didn't pass the 1st grade, but I'm not going to call some one and tell them to bring dogs inside because there is a thunderstorm. I'm not driving to some ones house who is way, way, way out in the boonies to go get the dog and bring it in my house.

And 2nd theres nothing irresponsible about leaving dogs outside in rain/thunder. Just because you choose to or have the luxery of having indoor dogs doesn't mean everyone else needs to or has to and if they dont they are not irresponsible or evil. I feel so bad now, my dogs were outside when it rains, in their cozy houses sleeping.

I'm not trying to justify anything. Only tell a simply story, it was a little windy the small trees couldn't take the wind one branch snapped off, she got released and ran in to the house and found him. Giving him his usual hug and sitting in his lap. I dont think thats justifying it and I hope it wasn't so confusing this time.