Dogomania

A PET SHOT THAT MAKES ME MAD!!!

CKMILK

There is a pet shop in the area that sells puppies. I hate that but thats not the worst part. They are in small cages and there is no price on the cage. You have to hold the dog befor they tell you so we held one and the price for a boxer puppy was 1,695 kinda high for petshop. well i went home and called them pretended that i had boxer puppies to sell ( i didnt and if i did never to petshop) well they said that they will give a akc puppy 100.00-150.00 for a puppy. That is crazy!!! they even showed me when i was there the pedigree of the dog and it wasnt akc pedigree it was like a family tree paper the champions were in red. I just think this is a little fishy. They now have finacing available. I think if you need to finace a dog then you cant afford it. payments are ok but finacing??? this is petland ever hear of it? when it first opened people were picketing it but that hasnt stopped them form having dogs. Now they started having mixed breed dogs that were for a save a dog program and they are 200.00. i just feel sorry for these dogs. also the people that are buying from there. for 1695 you should be able to met the parents of the dog. well sorry so long i am mad at this place...

Guest Anonymous

One thing I do have to say for the New Orleans area is that there is only one tiny mall petstore that sells puppy mill puppies. (IT could be worse). There are some feed stores here that sell puppies that they buy locally.

It's usually the left overs that the owners couldn't sell. When I went to one last week there was a brindle Boston baby that I fell in love with. Hubby was in shock because I am NOT a little dog person but he stole my heart. Sometimes it does pay to be broke :-)

There are SO many lawsuits against Petland it's not even funny. It doesn't matter *which* Petland you're asking about, almost all of them have had lawsuits brought against them. I've heard suits about them selling non-akc puppies as akc; selling mixed breeds as purebreds; and selling sick/deficient puppies who either die or have ongoing medical conditions throughout their lives.

So yeah, they're a little fishy, lol. Just do a google search on Petland and you can find a lot of stuff on them. When we were looking to get a new dog last year I did research on them because there was one 60 miles from our home. And then I went to the actual store as well--NONE of the dogs they advertised as having for sale were there (amazing since it was a new listing that day, lol), and none of the dogs looked like they were in even half decent condition. I would adopt a sick dog or one with medical conditions, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay $600-2k for one, lol.