Dogomania

More on censorship of this board....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I don't get why you think it is important to bring up something that 1) didn't happen on this board and 2) has nothing to do with anyone ON this board.

Why do you insist on staying where you are not wanted?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='pLaurent']Gee, Prim - why would you want to hang out on a board populated with unreasonable liars? :o[/quote]

Well, it is CLEAR that mei-mei was at least, um, overstating her reluctance to censor when she posted (less than a month ago) that censorship was "anathema" to her, right? So if you don't want to call that a lie, we can agree it was a pretty big overstatement.

On the other hand, when she said that my posts are only censored when I am "acting like a lunatic," that was a flat out lie. I don't "act like a lunatic," and the fact that the post above was censored right off this board makes it clear that the monitors of this board, at least, are not above lying about what they do and why the do it.

As to why I would want to hang out on a board populated by unreasonable liars, I don't happen to believe everybody on this board is an unreasonable liar. I actually bet that the monitors are probably sort of sorry they got conned into this censorship junk by the pit bull crowd. Probably even they have better things to do with their time than to skulk around trying to be here to censor posts that have absolutely nothing wrong with them and actually contain helpful information for dog people.

But I do try to hang out on boards where there are a lot of people who don't agree with me. I also post on at least one list where the majority of people DO agree with me about important dog issues, but, of course, that is preaching to the choir. No real need to change any opinions or challenge any ideas if people already agree with you. And, of course, you can't learn much from people with whom you agree--your opinions aren't challenged there.

Maybe that is what you like? why would that be?

primrose

THAT post did not seem unreasonable, and I answered it. but PRIM, some of your posts are insulting and degrading, and thats why the mods are trying to delete them fast. we dont want any more troll grief on this board.
we are all sick of it. maybe if they could all be as civilized as that last one, it wouldnt be an issue any more. up to you.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Tammy']I don't get why you think it is important to bring up something that 1) didn't happen on this board and 2) has nothing to do with anyone ON this board.

Why do you insist on staying where you are not wanted?[/quote]

Actually, I have had a fair amount of experience being on boards where I am "not wanted." That is, I have had a fair amount of experience having at least a vocal minority posting all kinds of slurs against me and making huge efforts to get me censored. What has happened in every case, is that eventually, somebody gets up the nerve to post something like "What's so bad about what primrose writes?" Usually they go on to say that they don't agree with me on every issue, but they note that I virtually always stick to the subject of dogs and don't name call much and ask tough questions. A few pit bull people have even pointed out that the pit bull community better be able to counter my mild and factual questions, because if they can't do that, they are doomed when they are trying to respond to other kinds of questions they get every day.

Will it happen here that anybody will have the nerve to stand up to the mob and say "gee, primrose isn't so bad...at least she gets us thinking"? Maybe...maybe not. As I say, it has happened everywhere else I have posted and it has been gratifying, but this board might be different. If it is, so sad, but I still believe that what happens to dogs generally affects me and my dogs and my rights to own dogs so I am going to put my point of view out there.

Sorry if you disagree. I absolutely know that there are some people (probably intimidated by the mob atmosphere on this board) who agree.

primrose

[quote]I don't "act like a lunatic," [/quote]

I must gently disagree with this. But when CarolK9 posted about her off leash dog going up to two leashed dogs and commenting on the attitude of the owner, YOU post about "horrible terrible aggressive dogs" and their irresponsible owners. I think we all know what "dangerous" dogs you are referring to.

This had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the discussion, and ranting about aggressive dangerous dogs on that thread made you look like a ...well...like a trolling lunatic. Sorry about that.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='pLaurent'][quote]I don't "act like a lunatic," [/quote]

I must gently disagree with this. But when CarolK9 posted about her off leash dog going up to two leashed dogs and commenting on the attitude of the owner, YOU post about "horrible terrible aggressive dogs" and their irresponsible owners. I think we all know what "dangerous" dogs you are referring to.

This had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the discussion, and ranting about aggressive dangerous dogs on that thread made you look like a ...well...like a trolling lunatic. Sorry about that.[/quote]

HUH? Do you think that any reference to dog aggressive dogs (I never posted about "horrible terrible aggressive dogs" so please don't put it in quotes that I did) must only mean pit bulls? Why did you think that?

And actually several people had already posted about how they don't like loose dogs coming up to their dogs precisely because their dogs are dog aggressive, hadn't they? (Go back to the thread, I am sure those posts haven't been censored). So why is my noting that evidence that I am a "trolling lunatic?" Why couldn't you just respond to the points I actually made (not the ones you imagine I am making) rather than (here) engaging in name calling?

primrose

prim,
Why also would you wish to post to a board where so many of us have ZERO respect for you? I work to keep a fairly open mind, you exceeded my tolerance quite easily.
YOU have a problem, your problem causes many to simply tune you out, dislike you, and doubt the validity or sincerity of much that you say due to YOUR lack of respect for others.
I for one, do not trust you, have absolutely NO respect for you and will quietly go back to simply ignoring your postings, no matter their content.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Carolk9s']prim,
Why also would you wish to post to a board where so many of us have ZERO respect for you? I work to keep a fairly open mind, you exceeded my tolerance quite easily.
YOU have a problem, your problem causes many to simply tune you out, dislike you, and doubt the validity or sincerity of much that you say due to YOUR lack of respect for others.
I for one, do not trust you, have absolutely NO respect for you and will quietly go back to simply ignoring your postings, no matter their content.[/quote]

Well, gee...fine. You do that, Carol. I'm pretty sure I never implied you should do otherwise.

primrose

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='newfiemom']Were we not all in agreement to stop feeding the trolls guys? Please stop feeding the trolls.[/quote]

Thank you Newfiemom ;) well said