Dogomania

Commercial foods or holistic/raw foods

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi! everybody i,m new to this site as ya can see. I,m kinda at a rock and a hard place. To give commercial dog food or holistic or raw.
Also is it common practice for vets to give shots to dogs-rabies,etc every year? Need help much appreiated!!

Thank you Paws out Gunner

hi gunner :)

if you want to feed commercial food, you need to know which brands are good and which are bad. i hope [url=http://www.mordanna.com/dogfood]this site on food comparison[/url] is helpful to you in making a decision. stay away from any brands that are sold at grocery stores, drug stores, department stores and mass retailers etc.

home prepared diets, regardless if raw or cooked, are definitely a step above all commercial foods [b]if done right[/b]. there are also many suppliers of premade raw foods, such as oma's pride and others. do a google search on "raw food suppliers" or "raw food distributors" and you should get quite a list.

as for the vaccinations, many states have moved forward to the modern protocol of requiring rabies only every 3 years and titers (antibody counts) are accepted in lieu of vaccinations as well. do a google search on "jean dodds vaccination protocol" and again you'll find a wealth of information.

this site is also interesting:
[url]http://www.bullovedbulldogs.com/vaccines.htm[/url]

personally i'm going with rabies every 3 years and titers for parvo and distemper and revaccinations only if necessary. lyme and lepto are not endemic in my area, so i feel the vaccines are unnecessary. i also do not vaccinate for kennel cough unless i would be forced to because of a situation that requires boarding.

i do not vaccinate for coronavirus either, because corona resides inside the parvo virus and if your dog is protected against parvo, there can be no corona.

regardless of what you decide to do, keep in mind that each vaccine is an assault on the immune system and very stressful to a dog. i strongly recommend against "all in one" vaccines, especially rabies should be given separately from any other vaccines with at least a 2-3 week period in between.