Dogomania

A swimming concern

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi,

We just took our 7 month old Golden, Tully, swimming for the first time today in the ocean. She had just been using her kiddie pool up until now. She had a blast while we were there, but now seems to be paying the price. She has been having bowel movements of just pure liquid and seems to be really filled up on water (she also drank alot when we got home).

We are thinking that she just took in a ton of water at the beach (she kept sticking her head under the water like a duck) and that it should subside soon.

Has this happened to anyone else's poochies? If so, is it anything to worry about or will it just run its course? She seems fine other wise.

Thanks!

Tash

After my dog swim in the pond in the dog park, she'll then pee at least an extra 4-5 times rest of the day because of all the water she drank. So I would think have extra bowl movement that same day is no big deal, it's if it continues on for the next few days, then I would maybe bring it to the vet to make sure nothing is wrong.

Guest Anonymous

Well, it did finally taper off and now she is fine. Back to her old picky eating self.

Thanks for all of the advice!