Dogomania

I have a problem....

mnp13

A big problem... ok, a 25 pound problem...

I have this foster dog named Tribble. He's a pomeranian. I [i]hate[/i] small dogs. I have never wanted to own any dog except a bull breed or a Beauceron.

My mom wanted a pom, so I found her one and fostered it through the rescue I transport for. She wanted a black female pom, Trib is a male, but besides that he fits the bill. He's a great little dog. Friendly and smart and soooooo cute. He's got a [i]ton[/i] of issues but he is such a sweet dog. Due to a few circumstances my father has said no, so Tribble is 'on the market' now.

The woman who runs the rescue I foster for has found him an adopter, but after only a week the thought of him leaving brings tears to my eyes (yes, I know that's lame). I am not a 'little dog' person... but he such a good dog! Such personality, and not at all yappy....

Those of you in rescue... how do you do this? Have a dog in your home and get to know it and then let it go? Connor was a foster, but my BF adopted him so he's still in my life.....

Michelle

[quote name='mnp13']A big problem... ok, a 25 pound problem...

I have this foster dog named Tribble. He's a pomeranian. I [i]hate[/i] small dogs. [/quote]

First of all, a 25 lb Pomeranian is NOT a small dog. Make you feel better? :lol: :wink:

As far as letting them go, it always hurts my heart to see them leave, but the joy that you get from seeing others enjoy them and watching them eventually evolve and thrive in their new surroundings make it worth it. Trust me, that hurt will eventually turn into a sense of joy and sometimes relief :oops: . It also opens up your home and resources to that one more out of so many who could use your help. If it makes you feel any better, despite all the broken hearts I've had when I "lost" (placed) any of my fosters, I never once regretted it later.

By the same token, there are those fosters that I simply couldn't let go of that are still here, so sometimes it happens :oops: .

I understand, I've only had one foster and it was really hard. He got returned to us once and the second time was that much harder because we had him back. It was the best thing for him though and he is terribly happy at his new home. I have been psyching myself up for another foster, took me over 6 months but it may happen - that's another thread though. I think, in my limited expereince, its worth it.