Dogomania

Hey New Members!(old threads) Please read this.

Queen Bitch

I have a request. First off, I think it's great that you joined and want to get involved with discussions, but could you try not to bring up old threads that have already been "finished"? Generally that means anything that isn't on page one of the section that you are in. Chances are that it was a big old "debating" thread and when those get brought back up, you new guys tend to get lost in the shuffle of the revived debate and don't get the welcome you deserve. Don't be afraid to start your own threads to talk about stuff. New threads are always more interesting than the old ones anyways. :wink:

Also, go to the new members forum and introduce yourself so we can meet you. :D

Guest Mutts4Me

I agree. The new old threads being brought up are very confusing, because few people stop to look at the dates.

I would say anything within the past week or even two would be valid conversation, and that could get into the 2nd or 3rd page, but something from months ago... I don't know if they do searches or what?

If for some reason an old conversation really did not sit well with a new member, and they had something they thought would be valuable to add, it could work if they started a new thread and posted a link to the old conversation.

I love message boards who keep archives, instead of deleting posts after a certain amount of time, because old posts can be very useful by using the "Search" feature for research. But this is a bad side to it, the confusing resurfacing of threads. I have to say, it happens more here than on any other board I've been on, lol.

about a year ago someone asked me if they could use Paddy for stud.
The bitch was a nice had good pedigee she just had a poor tail. Paddy has a fantastic tail and also a good pedigree. I wanted a puppy to show. I could have the best puppy out of the litter told the owner I would get back to her, I thought about it I was ready to pick the phone up and agree. I came on here someone had dug up an old thead on breeding........I read my own comments and came to my senses phoned the bitch owner and refused to let her use Paddy