Dogomania

Problem? Or Nothing To Worry About?

Duke_3

If you have a Male dog you should understand this..If you dont you'll still get it. But it will be weird.

All dogs clean their privates. Every few days you'll see them cleaning down there. Well for the past, 4 days or so.. Duke(my dog) has been licking"there" constantly, It seems like, every 5 minutes hes cleaning. And I checked to see everyhitng was ok. And befor he licks it theres always this..pussy/urine/ goop there, which is what he licks away. Now i don't know if its just urine, Or if its nothing, but i was wondering becuase hes licking there alot. Nothings changed in his diet, Or coloring, or anything, everyhtings the same excapte its winter now.

I hope you can just tell me if this is a problem, I really don't want it to be. BUt if it is.. Does anyone know what it is?

I Love him very very much, and i would really hate to have something wrong. Please does anyone know what it is? Is it nothing? Is it something?

Thankyou

When Buck was younger he had some yellowish white discharge from his penis. I asked the vet about it and she said it is completly normal in a young dog. Buck is almost 2 and he hasn't had it for quite a while. He didn't show the licking behavior though.

The licking is a concern. Usually when dogs continuously lick one area, there is a reason. Plus, I seem to remember that Duke is not a very young dog and my vet did say it was normal in young dogs. I would have him looked at since it has been 4 days. It'll probably take you a few days to get an appointment anyway.

Well it hasnt been 4 days, its been more like 2 or 3, but still... Ive been looking at him all day, and today he isnt really licking.. Its still there a little, but i donoo.. Hes almost 5, Im about to check
Its still there a little, its going away though for sure, Befor it was there a lot now its only in a very small bit. We have been letting him sleep inside t=for the past few days, and he hasnt been out side much as he has no winter coat and its -38..I think it might jsut be traces of urine? It looks liek it . Its more..yellow then pussy or white. I'll watch him closly and repot again, but could his not being outside much he probably has to ...relieve himslef..ill see if thats it.......
I think that was it, hes lookin happier now, and the liquids gone, but ill keep checking on him to see if it still persists, becuase you cant be too sure..

he might have, or have had, a slight urinary tract infection, which is more common in the cold. When they pee in the cold, sometimes it doesnt all come out because they want to "get it over with"...so they dont do the last few sprinkles...I used to see this in my male dogs alot in the winter.
dont gross out, but imagine yourself having to pee outside in those conditions. If he's not licking so much now, he's probably ok, but if he starts up again get him checked by a vet.