Dogomania

should I?

Peng1zrule

today's classifieds read: My name is Bengi, please give me a good home! Bengi is a "blond" corgi, a "yard dog" that comes with a chain and collar (woo hoo, right? :roll: ) Anyway, i LOVE corgis, have two mixes...should I get him? I'm so busy now, adding number seven would increase my work only fractionally, I really want this dog but don't know if it'd be fair to get him when I'm working two jobs and going to school full time...I mean, we'd barely get to know each other! And if he needs training, it would be erratic, 'cause of my schedule...but a CORGI! On a chain! and I checked the number...he's in MY TOWN, of about 600 people...I could probably WALK to where he is...should I get him? It'll be a few days before I answer this post, (gotta work next two days) so give me your opinions, please!

PS, i have a sneaking suspicion they're making room for a christmas puppy...I don't know if i'd really be rescuing him or doing another dog a bad turn!

Hmm...that's a big decision. Do you think your other dogs would like him? I wonder if he would like your other dogs.

I would say go meet him but if you're anything like me, you won't be able to walk away after seeing him. Especially since he isn't being taken care of.

Do you think that they will hold off on another puppy if they can't get rid of Benji? I think probably not. They will probably dump Benji in a shelter if they can't find another home. I wouldn't worry about that part of the equation because these people will do what they want whether they have Benji or not.

My final advice would be to take him if you like him and it is feasable to do so. It would improve his current situation, even if you don't have the time right at the moment to totally commit to training. You can make time and in the meanwhile Benji will be saved from being dumped at a shelter or being picked up by a buncher.

thanks for your replies...after much soul searching, I realized Calliope would probably not accept this fella, cause that's how she is...and Gypsy might have dominance issues with him, so he's out of both "packs" and I'd have to have another segregated dog, but a LONELY one, since i'm so busy...it breaks my heart, but i guess I'm not going to get him...however, if he shows up at the shelter, nuetered and vaccinated and chipped, I might have to change my mind...who knows?