Dogomania

Can anyone tell me....?

atghylin

This is going to sound extremely vauge but... Can anyone tell me what Irishwolfhounds are really like? No, I'm not planning on getting one myself. I don't think one would fit my life all that well. I just would like to know what they are really like. Not just the breed standard, I can get that easily enough as well as what their personalities are supposed to be like. What I want to know is what their personalities are truly like. Also, what do they need as far as human companions and excirsize. etc. etc.

Thanks for info guys :D

I had one too. They are a member of the Hound breed, so they need lots of exercise. They are considered the tallest dog in the world. They have short, wiry hair ranging from black to black and grey...I have never seen a brown one. Holz would probably know more.

They are supposed to be even tempered. Mine wasnt, but he was abused before I fostered him. They are very intelligent, and I believe they are sight hounds, although I could be wrong.

Yes, they are sight hounds. And they DO come in Tan(called Fawn) and can even be white. The recognized colors (besides those listed above) are, Grey, Brindle, Black, Red.

And actually even though they are hounds, the sight hounds aren't nearly as active and demanding of exercise as some of the other hounds.
If they have the correct temperment, they only require moderate exercise. Most sight hounds actually are some of the best "couch potatoes" in the dog kingdom. (Providing you have a LARGE couch. :wink: )
Wolfhounds seem to be one of the most affectionate of the sight hounds and aren't as "standoffish" as most sight hounds. They actually seem to "like" people whereas most sight hounds just seem to "tollerate"(sp) people.

:microwave: [color=orange]WARNING![/color] Finish drinking my first cup of coffee in the morning before I read the forum. :morning: :microwave:

I just realized what you said Courtnek. DUH! Amanda! :stupid: I could use that information. Could you please describe what the ones who you fostered's temperment was like? It might prove valuable to this project that won't let go of me.

Great site Black! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Just one problem.... all the pics are in black and white and I need color.

On the other hand... they had an approximate puppy growth chart that may come in handy. Assuming of course my project heads in that direction. :hmmmm: And at this point I have no idea it will lead me. :niewiem:

Autumn you're a :lilangel: for pointing that out to me. Thanks, darling. :D

But I don't plan to get one. They grow up to be entirely too large for my husband's liking. :roll: I just need some very detailed information about them for a project I'm working that will involve some indiviuals from the breed. :wink: :loveu:

I was just about to head to google when the mailman knocked at the door with a pakage and Felix escaped. :evil: And of course it's snowing outside and I have to chase him down in sneakers and no coat. By the time I got back my cordless phone (which I was on) was gone and I needed to find some cough drops. And of course we have none and I had apparently dropped the phone outside in a snowbank. :oops: Think I'm going to take a half dose of nightquil and take a nap then take up the search again. By the way, thanks for link. Fawn is the perfect color for what I have in mind. :wink: