Dogomania

Desperate plea......

ellieangel

This was posted on my other forum,this lady is really desparate,please guys is there ANYTHING you can think of,anything at all.
:(
I have an 8 year old boxer who up until 3 weeks ago was perfectly well & happy.
He started having sickness, diohrrea & passing blood one evening so rushed him to the vets. He spent 5 days being given a drip, blood transfusions, plasma, morphine & antibiotics. We thought we had lost him several times. He then started to respond & spent the remaining 10 days recovering in hospital.The diagnosis was gastro-enteritis.
He came home for 3 days but the diohrrea got worse, so he went back into hospital & was given quarterzone tablets for a week. We thought he was finally getting back to normal & had some of his bounce back.
I was due to pick him up last night, when the vet rang to say he had either past out or had a fit & they wanted to monitor him for 24 hrs.
He has passed out about 7-8 times overnight.

I've tried to give a short summary of whats been happeningso far, to give people some idea of what he's been through so far, but last night turn of events is really distressing. If anyone needs more details let me know.

Has anyone any knowledge or experience of this, has anyone been through similar ????????????????????
I would welcome any advice or comments as both us & the vets are puzzled by what's happening. All his blood tests are coming back within normal ranges. They are going to do some x-rays & scans this morning.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Tracy

i would sugest x-rays first, and if that dosen't show anything, an ultrasound. I am not at all cretified to give a sugestion, but it sounds like it could be some kind of blockage, or some forign matter in the stomach/intestines.

Good luck, we will be praying for him