1. 1. Is this man typical

• Is this man typical Yes
    • Is this man typical No

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

lol Like I said....I'm done. If I need to I will but you are the only one prolonging my need to be here at this point and you are contributing to this thread sticking around up at the top clogging things up, as well as the bickering and whining [b]that you don't want to see[/b] yet you know what this thread is about and you keep reading it....

Well, I guess that I am done too.

To all of the different "guests" and KP...I have enjoyed talking with all of you.

However, it seems that the "powers that be" here at Dog-O are getting tired of the conversation. So I suppose I will just go somewhere and lurk....as usual. :-?

8)

you mean like YOU'RE doing now?

I said I was done too, but this post requires a reply.

I realize, Guest, that you have been "banned" from Adam's forum, if you're the same Guest that posted that. Let me tell you about OUR
forum....from the time I first came here, I have NEVER seen anyone banned. We have had a lively set of discussions, different opinions, have been trolled and sometimes slammed...you are NOT required to agree, providing you post your disagreement in a non-abusive fashion. I realize there are some forums (apparently like Adams) where disagreement
gets you launched, however, that is not the case here. EVERYONE
is entitled to their opinion, and there are no right or wrong opinions.

We get along very peaceably here for the most part. We respect each
other and like each other, even if we dont agree....

We have one thing in common....the majority of us are against dog-fighting
for any reason. And we all appreciate the harshness that has happened to
dogs with a fighting history. But other than that, we have all voiced our
opinions, and while some may have disagreed, no one ran roughshod over
them for it. "Polite" is the key word here.

So if you wish to join us, and fear you will be banned for disagreeing,
it's not really an issue providing your disagreements are not abusive
to the other members.

It's almost Christmas. Peace on Earth.

Katy

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Another different guest']Where I differ (at least I think we differ) is that I do believe that some dogs need stronger corrections than others in the proofing stage.[/quote]

no, we don't even differ on that one. i've trained dogs that react to a stern word or even just a good stare, and also ones that were completely out of control (mostly dog aggression cases) that i wouldn't have been able to hang onto them without a prong collar.

all i'm saying is that beating and other abuse have NO place in dog training, and reactionary corrections only show that the person does not have a fundamental understanding about dog behavior.

:o I am a new member and I have to say that after reading all the posts on this thread, I have to say that the "regulars" on this site, and the ones who are against giving corrections, were very rude!

Whether someone used a name, or chose to remain anonymous, is up to the individual, and I found the guests to be quite articulate and courteous until their training philisophy was bashed by some of the regulars!

No where did I see where any of the guests advocated beating or otherwise treating a dog cruely. In fact, I think all of them agreed that if a dog doesn't need a training collar, they don't use one! And I didn't see where any of them bashed alternative training methods.

Using a training collar and giving corrections correctly is not being cruel, and for the PP people or behaviorists on this list to suggest that [i]everyone[/i] who uses corrections are cruel and that training collars should be done away with, is absurd.

As for correction training being out of date, I would have to differ with that. While more people may be trying out the other methods, making it look like it is the new age way to train, there are more confused and untrained dogs than ever, and many, many people who come into my classes with out of control dogs tell me they took a clicker class, or PP class etc., and were very dissatisfied with the results, but then, I am only speaking from experience, but after all...isn't that the best teacher of all?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Autumn']No where did I see where any of the guests advocated beating or otherwise treating a dog cruely. [/quote]

it was my fault to bring that side of the discussion to this thread, but nevertheless i find it is important. i was referring to the statements on the "leerburg" site that kaleb has a link to on her personal webpage - where beating a dog, "kicking it in the ass" and other inappropriate methods are recommended to address behavioral problems.

OK, I think it's time this was called off. Good posts from most of you but bickering about another site from non-members who can't seem to post anywhere else is, I believe, not really what this forum is a platform for. It is NOT about the "regulars" here getting tired of any argument (in fact we have mostly stayed OUT of it)- rather, that most of this particular argument has been about another unrelated site and who's been banned etc etc. So if you don't all mind this thread is being closed. Have a nice day. :)