Dogomania

pet dog show at rms

bk_blue

There is a Pet Dog Show at the Royal Melbourne Show this year and I think I want to go in it with Blitz. I am a bit nervous actually as it is set up like a real show, the dogs have to be benched and stuff... they have categories like "best kept dog", "best mannered dog" (well we won't win that one :oops: ), "waggliest tail", "most loveable pet", and a range of extra classes... if anyone wants to have a look at the entry form it is here:

[url]http://www.royalshow.com.au/pdfs/petdog.pdf[/url]

Does anyone have any tips on prepping the dog (and the owner) on shows? Ta muchly! :D

Thanks Kiwi for all your advice!!! I am still not sure whether I will go in it (I have to make up my mind by tomorrow though :-? ). We have to be there by 9am and it doesn't finish until 5pm... he is going to be feral all day with all those other dogs, especially if he is just sitting around for most of it. I will have to get up super early and take him for a run so he just sleeps most of the day!!! :lol:
Never heard of that shampoo but it sounds GOOD! Maybe I'll get some anyway!
Despite him being rather smart he doesn't do tricks. He knows commands but nothing really show-offy intelligent. He would fit into Rinny's old Driza-Bone (an oilskin coat for those who don't know) if we can find it- and I suppose I could dress up like a bushman (or woman) and we could go in the Aussie working dog fancy dress! 8)
Ack, what to do... oh I wish I hadn't just found out about it tonight so I'd have more time to think about it. :-?