Dogomania

Dog showing...

abker17

I know that there are some people that show dogs on this site, and I'd like your help. Although I'm focusing mainly on agility right now, I'd like to learn more about the world of dog showing. I hope to show Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers when I get older, and at this point in time I know virtually NOTHING about how showing a dog works. I got a book from the library, but it read like an enclyclopedia and I couldn't understand it at all. So if anybody can give me some info or web sites, recomend any books... anything should help! Thanks!!!! :D :D :D

Guest Anonymous

Well, you can contact some breeders of your favorite breed in your area and ask them about conformation classes. Or you could simply check with a kennel club in your area. But if you want to learn the specifics of a certain breed, go to a reputable breeder and you will learn valuable lessons! Hope this helps! Conformation is a lot of fun, and there are a lot of up and coming junior handlers out there! Good luck!