Dogomania

Showing Mystic

spiritsmom

I went to visit Mystic's breeder today since I'm on vacation in Virginia anyway. She had a mini reunion with her fur family and it seemed as if she and her mom recognized each other too! She even got to do a little swimming - played doG for a minute and thought the water was a firm surface that she could walk on, but nope, she sunk like a rock! There were some fireworks being shot off nearby and she did not spook at all at the sound, very good girl!

Here's the coolest part... her breeder wants me to try out showing her as her conformation and temperament are excellent. So even though I got her as pet quality she might upgrade her papers to show/breeding quality if her show career, hips, elbows and heart tests all check out good when she's a little older.

So now I have to learn to be a handler and I'm trying to get into a conformation class with her asap because her 1st show is in august and it's a national specialty type of show for her breed.

So my spay appointment for her later this month is cancelled until we decide what to do once all her results from her testing come back after she's a year old. Her mom had her first heat at 11-12 months so she'll likely be a late bloomer too. And I will have a mentor for help should I decide to breed her one day.

I think it would just be so fun to put a Ch on her, that would be thrilling!

My little girl has made me very proud!

How fun! Macy may have been show quality, but she was never shown. (She was briefly sold to another breeder; when her original breeder got her back, her coat had been cut, and she didn't want to take a year to grow it back!)

I would like to show Maltese one day, but Jay has made it very clear that one dog is more than enough. :roll: