Dogomania

Does anyone know of any good grooming brushes for labs?

Angelboddy

I have a black lab. And she is always sheding hair.I have to groom her everyday so we don't get so much hair on the carpet or couch. Right now i use a rubber "Zoom Groom". The groomer at petsmart said it's the best thing to use. But it does not seem to get the kind of job done that we need. Does anyone have any good suggestions on what to use on my black labs coat?

[img]http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na3/9/89/90/74698990wqIEhD_th.jpg[/img]

There is also a product called a shedding blade, they work great for short haired breeds. A slicker brush wont do much for short hair. This works by helping remove the loose undercoat the dogs typically shed in the spring. My advice, do it outside!!

[img]http://www.petmeister.com/usrimage/0w6101293.jpg[/img]

Labs are a shedding breed, and in unspayed females, they will blow their coats several times a year, leaving your house full of fur (altered dogs still blow their coats, but not usually as bad as unaltered dogs). I used both the shedding blade and slicker brush on the lab x I used to walk. I'd go over her when she was dry with the shedding blade, then wet her down, and shampoo her. After that, I'd start brushing, while holding the hose/shower head just up her body from where I was brushing, to help push the fur out (if you don't have the water on it, the brush can pull their hair, which will make them not like being bathed/brushed). Brush in quick strokes, flinging the hair out at the end of each stroke. Start at the top of the neck, and work your way back and down, going with the grain of the hair. Afterwards, when she's dry, you should be able to see any leftover undercoat (usually in dark colored dogs, it shows up as tufts of lighter fur under the dark fur), and can pull it out by hand if you want. It also wouldn't hurt to have her professionally groomed, as they have more powerful dryers, which will blow out a lot of undercoat.