Dogomania

No more Iams!!!!!

abker17

On one of my other dog forums, someone posted a comment complaining about IAMS. They listed a link to [url]www.peta.org[/url]. On this site there is a vidio showing dogs being tested on by the IAMS company, the dogs are not in good conditions, and looking quite unwell. It is heartbreaking that people can be so cruel. :cry: Please check out this video and STOP BUYING IAMS PRODUCTS!!!!!!! Please help me spread the message about this. :( U can post the site at other dog forums and tell fellow dog and cat lovers about this. If we pull together we can stop this cruelity.

Not saying it isn't true, but I have enough experience with PETA to know that they lie, lie, lie - about nearly everything. They've been to court many times for falsifying video so their credibilty is zilch in my book. And yes, some of their members have even admitted to abusing some of the animals themselves. There was a cat mutilation case a couple years ago where the abuser turned out to be an AR activist who wanted to expose how "evil" humans could be to animals - and he videotaped it! :evil: They'll make up anything to support their cause which is zero interaction with humans and animals period. I know P&G tests on animals, but that video is highly suspect in my book due to the strict regulations on animal testing in this country.
Iams is the equivalent of a bag of sawdust anyway so that's a good enough reason not to feed it.

Dont buy Iams because it is bad food, but dont believe the nonsense you hear from PETA.

I have to agree with Kiger. While you are reading website information go to the Iams website and read the information they have provided on the subject. Yes there was a instance that one of the 3rd party facilities they were using did some questionable things. They cancelled their contract with this company immediate and found good homes for all the dogs involved. They do not condone or encourage any kind of animal cruelty. And yes some testing has to be done with their food. Research is a good thing, it just needs to be done appropriately.

Please be sure to get both sides of every story!!

I cant say I would believe everything on the IAMs site either, they're hardly likely to say "Yes we did it!"... :-?
Taste testing on animals is one thing, removing an animals kidney to test their low protein kidney diet is another. :(

Never heard of PETA til I went to that site when someone showed me two videos, one of what happened to the IAMs testing dogs, and another showing alleged policemen throwing a poor dog about as part of it's training.
Not sure who to believe, but there's definitely no smoke without fire, and I wont risk buying an IAMs product just to be safe.
Here's a link that might be of help:
[url]http://www.uncaged.co.uk/petfood.htm[/url]
I think they have a list of all those who test on animals. James Wellbeloved is one, it has just been taken over by someone who does test on animals, so might not be on the link.