Dogomania

Allergic To Pollen

Shannon_C

[color=darkred]Charlie is allergic to pollen. Last year I kept him off the lawn at the top of our garden, because of this condition but this year I let the dogs back up so they could play....not that there is much lawn left....it was already patchy in places but there is hardly any grass now, only where Charlie had been lying. Over the last few days I noticed dark pink and black skin underneath him that started to look scabby, sore and a bit pussy....so I got the jar of vaseline that I have been using to put on his dry nose and rubbed some in, well this morning I was amazed to find that its looking so much better...it seems to be drying up well and the puss as cleared....
Not sure if it was puss but it was yukky think stuff like glue.
I am going to keep an eye on it and keep him from lying on the grass that will eventually be turned into pebbles, but I am so pleased that the Vaseline as done wonders [/color] :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Shannon,
Sorry to hear about Charlie !! Sounds awful...... :(
All of my girrllzz are being afflicted by the high pollen count this year as well.
Sassy,and Maisy both have been doing alot of sneezing and reverse sneezing (very violent bouts) Sassy being the worst had to get on an anti-inflammatory medication.
Gretchen was shaking her head very vigorously and her left ear is afflicted because of Allergies and she has to have Panalog ointment ,7-10 drops in left ear 2X/day. Do you know how fun it is to give a 90lb. horse ear drops ???!!! She absolutely hates them !! :evil:
Give our furry friends Charlie , Patch, Penny,Merlin , CAsper, and Tigger lots of snuggies and kissies !! :buzi:

[quote name='Debbie']Hi Shannon,
Sorry to hear about Charlie !! Sounds awful...... :(
All of my girrllzz are being afflicted by the high pollen count this year as well.
Sassy,and Maisy both have been doing alot of sneezing and reverse sneezing (very violent bouts) Sassy being the worst had to get on an anti-inflammatory medication.
Gretchen was shaking her head very vigorously and her left ear is afflicted because of Allergies and she has to have Panalog ointment ,7-10 drops in left ear 2X/day. Do you know how fun it is to give a 90lb. horse ear drops ???!!! She absolutely hates them !! :evil:
Give our furry friends Charlie , Patch, Penny,Merlin , CAsper, and Tigger lots of snuggies and kissies !! :buzi:[/quote]

[color=darkred]Hi Debbie.

Thankyou for replying to my post :D I am sorry to hear about your dogs having the same problem :( I guess many breeds have allergies to pollen just like us humans. I do and its not nice.

Hope your fur babies are well, give them our love [/color]:wink:

[color=red]*~Hugs~*[/color]