Dogomania

Sunday's the day!

I'm excited about the NYC dogswalk this Sunday. I only got $57 from sponsorships but I'll buy some souvenirs over there to make up for it. This is our first year at the dogwalk so wish us luck! I'll take pics and will post 'em up. I'm sure there will be great dogs walking.

[quote name='K'][quote name='Bronxie']not kewl. then get 2 more people who don't have dogs to go with u so they can take yours :D[/quote]

I would need 3 more people.... :wink:[/quote]
then im sure u know 3 more people :D

[quote name='K']Not three people without dogs of thier own willing to walk mine on a leash in a park full of hundreds of other dogs!!!!....you need a[u][i] good [/i][/u]friend for that!!!!![/quote]
awww I would do it. :cry: I don't know any pet enthusiasts neither. :o

Make your you double check your collar and leash the night before, I know you probably check them regularly anyway, but it's better to be SURE than to have something scare him (her?), and him break his collar and run into the street. Also, if it's going to be hot, you can take a sponge, then wet it and use it to wet down his belly, neck, and the insides of his legs (basically anywhere he has little/no hair, or anywhere the hair is thinner, those areas are where the most heat leaves the body. Some people think that by wetting down the whole dog, you're actually keeping the heat in by "insulating" them, not sure if that's true or not, but doing should help keep him from getting you and others wet.

The dog walk was so nice yesterday. I got to see a lot of fellow animal lovers. There were about 20 Yorkies there. It seemed like everyone had one :o They had free microchipping, free doggie ice cream, contests, picture taking (I got 4 wallets and a button) It was great! I plan to go next year :lol: [img]http://www.httpcity.com/bronxie/elleprofile.jpg[/img] Here's Elle taking a break on a bench

Now that I look at that pic real good, she was really annoyed that day because she's not very sociable with her fellow dogs (she's a cat lover). There was a little doggie in a wheelchair who was saying hi to us while Elle was sitting next to me on the bench. I guess Elle really got peeved cuz she tried to nip at the wheelchaired pup. I had to hold Elle back :o I think I need to get her some doggie friends.