Dogomania

A male and a bitch under the same roof? Help!

Crested

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... You guys wanted updates... Here goes.

Ben is going to be neuterd tuesday evening next week. The vet said that I could be a part of everything else exept the operation, because she wants to be alone to concentrate, so that she will do the best job she can. So throught the anastethic, preparations, wakeup and everything else I can Be on Bens side, but when she starts operating, I have to leave.

Ok, but now I think I should go and get something to eat and then go on a walk with Ben. Now when the snow has melted from the roads and it isn't that chilly outside, I can finally start going on my walks with Ben again. Hmm... Exept that he has found this new VERY ammusing game while walking. He knows he can't pull no more with his harness, but now he has decided he won't go on no stupid walk. So he sits down and just lets me drag him after him the entire walk. Now I've decided that he's not going to do that, so I keep on walking... Sooner or later he starts walking nicely, but then he does a little try again. Hmmm....

/Crest

PS: What do you think of that little picture of Ben as a puppy in my signature? :wink: I made him wag his tail and close his eyes... :D

you CAN keep two dogs of opposite sex in your house, unaltered. But to me, it's MUCH better to get no less than ONE fixed. When she goes in heat, she will WANT to get pregnant by him. And he will not eat for a week or more. He will destroy all property he can reach that he feels is in the least way obstructing him from her. He will dart past your feet, out the door, and attack much bigger, meaner, and innocent dogs for "no" reason. If you've got other dogs, he may attack them, too. You risk her not producing quality pups (the quality you want) because I have not yet met one person who has never had an "oops" because they felt they could keep a male and female apart. it's a risk to keep them together and unaltered! I know of a breeder whose dogs live in crates from day one of her heat til day thirty. and in seperate rooms. with closed and locked doors. they learned from their mistakes. as for cancer...altering reduces the risk, not increases it. even nuetering is said to cut down the risk of testicular cancer. and for females, they can get mammary tumors as well as ovarian and uterine cancer.