Dogomania

From Florida to Nebraska....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am looking for the fastest way in light of the weather to get my dog up here. As of right now the airlines will not ship until the weather here is at least 45 degrees and anyone from the idwest knows that may be a while. I was curiousif there were any ideas of a possible alternative method that wasnt determined by the weather.\

thanks in advance
:black:

Guest Anonymous

[quote=ROTT'N'PIT]I am looking for the fastest way in light of the weather to get my dog up here. As of right now the airlines will not ship until the weather here is at least 45 degrees and anyone from the idwest knows that may be a while. I was curiousif there were any ideas of a possible alternative method that wasnt determined by the weather.\

thanks in advance
:black:[/quote]

I'm in Iowa. I can drive across the state for you if you wanna pay for my gas. I only have a little Ford Focus so it's not a gas hog. But, I'd have to do it on a Saturday.....and I'm full on 2/22.....if you can get him to Iowa, I can get him to you.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K']So it looks like we need legs in
Florida
Alabama
Mississippi
Arkansas
Missouri and
Kansas
Am I right?[/quote]

I'm thinking more like:
Florida
Georgia
Tennessee (CORGI!!!)
Illinois
Iowa
Nebraska.

Sash can go from Florida to Georgia.

We need someone from Georgia to Iowa......

I can go from Iowa to Nebraska.

Guest Anonymous

I could take a weekend off drive on saturday catch a hotel and drive back on sunday but dont thin that i could drive maybe 12 hours at a stretch. dont know how far that would put me.

You guys are great and i am also sent a letter to the breeder she is using her resources as well to see if there are any other ways too.

thank you all from the bottom of my heart, even if we cant get it going just the attempts make me feel better.
:black:

Guest Anonymous

Next weekend would work for me.

If you can meet me in Cedar Rapids Iowa, I can get him somewhere in Illinois....BUT, I can't keep the pup at my house cuz of my dogs....

Or, we could meet in Des Moines. Where in NE are you?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K']Was just going to send her Mail to you...mail her again with my mail and tell her to mail me with answer and I'll put up here if she can't get on....[/quote]

Your hot mail account?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K']I thought Gigi was planning for the 22nd? :-?[/quote]

No, I can't do it then (hair appointment and a naughty grown up party :oops: ).

I can only do it on the 15th or wait until March 1st.

Okay, where is this dog going? Starting from where? Ending to where?

Delta air logistics will ship a dog when it is under 45 degrees. MOST airlines will. You simply need a letter of ACLIMATION. THis is a letter from the vet, who is doing the health certificate, that the dog is aclimate to temeratures as low as 32 degrees, however should not be kept at that temperatur more then 12 -24 hours. I prefer Delta airlogistics because the dogs are kept in climate control conditions...they are very good.
I would check this out before launching a cross country campaign. You might have to get it to arrive in the middle of the day, but you should be able to pull it off.

Guest Anonymous

Really!! oh that is good news, we were originally going through them but i guess if i can get this thing we can get him shipped now.

i will ask my breeder about it and see if she can get one and get back to you guys with the answer.

From Mcobbin:
well, i was just interested in why the dog needed to be moved, and if anyone would be able to drive the dog from southeast arkansas to arkadelphia, then 6JD coudl drive it from arkadelphia to little rock, then my best friend could drive it to jonesboro
and then i could drive it form jonesboro to the missourri border and HOPEFULLY someone could pick it up there because that's really my only option
and by going through arkansas, they're really going out of the way, but i'll help however i can

I could meet Sasha just inside of GA (would be about 30-45 miles north of Tallahassee, FL... just 12 miles into the GA line) and go from there to Birmingham, AL.

If someone could take it from Birmingham, AL to, say, Memphis, TN and then someone else from Memphis to, say, Kansas City, MO/KS, it actually looks like the rest of the trip would be a feasible drive for the new owner?

Is it doable?

Memphis is only about an hour and a half from here. so getting there is not a problem. to Kansas city it would take me about 8 hours one way, 16-17 hours round trip....do we know any one in St. Louis, MO.?? because if we did, i could get it from memphis to St. Louis in about 5 1/2 hours. If someone picked it up in St. Louis, they'd only have to drive about 4 1/2 hours to kansas city. i know this sounds complicated, but i'm just trying to figure out the best route, since i only have 2 days off a week. if we don't know anyone in st. louis then i guess driving it to Kansas City, MO. would be o.k. so long as i can get jeremy to ride and give directions!!!

I just feel i have to say here.

[size=7][color=red]I THINK YOU ARE ALL BLOODY FANTASTIC[/color][/size]

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

ROO

i'm using a crappy dial-up (bought a sepwerate line just so i could get on dogo!!!...sure miss my DSL connection!!) so, has anyone heard anything? i can do either the through-arkansas route OR the memphis-st. louis route...although, i must say, if i could pick the puppy up in memhis and do the memphis to st. louis route that would really be a lot better for me!!! what's the decision?!?!? verdict? i need to know something soon so i'll be able to save the weekend!!

Guest Anonymous

Apparently this cerificate is a very common thing and the breeder hadnt thought of it either. She said that she would make a trip up and find out more from the vet and get back to me. Basically it just say that according to a liscenced vet that a dog of a certain age and size will be aboe to make it through temps below 45 degrees but only within a certain time, she said something like 11 hours and I know it doesnt take that long on a plane. The trick is getting a direct flight so there is no stopping or layovers or whatever they call it in the airline business. But thanks to all of you for coming together for me and for trace. As soon as we find out I will definately be letting you guys know, should be pretty quick here.

thanks again,
Darvell :black:

Guest Anonymous

[quote=ROTT'N'PIT]Apparently this cerificate is a very common thing and the breeder hadnt thought of it either. She said that she would make a trip up and find out more from the vet and get back to me. Basically it just say that according to a liscenced vet that a dog of a certain age and size will be aboe to make it through temps below 45 degrees but only within a certain time, she said something like 11 hours and I know it doesnt take that long on a plane. The trick is getting a direct flight so there is no stopping or layovers or whatever they call it in the airline business. But thanks to all of you for coming together for me and for trace. As soon as we find out I will definately be letting you guys know, should be pretty quick here.

thanks again,
Darvell :black:[/quote]

Mine were flown from Washington state, to Ohio, and then to Iowa (???) via Delta Dash. We had the certificates as well.