Dogomania

Here's an odd question for ya...

Guest Anonymous

Apparently (this is what I've heard) "wiping their feet" aka "flinging mud and dirt everywhere especially on their owners who are wearing clean clothes" is supposed to spread their scent over a further distance ie. so they can let other dogs know they have territory. Both our dogs do this, they are both male and both neutered. hope this helps. :)

Guest Anonymous

:lol: Yes, it's a VERY important question! LOL
Thanks BK! That's what we were sorta thinking... but weren't too sure how it could work... since you see Hazel will "wipe her feet" about a meter away from where she did it! LOL

Maybe my dog doesn't because he pees so much? I mean he makes a big old puddle. He stands there looking so bored while he pees (forever, seriously it's like the scene from Liar Liar) and then moves on. If he tried to scratch the spot he'd be sticking his paw in a big old pee puddle!

Roxie does this too! When she's on a walk she's constantly marking (never does this on our property though....strange..), then she'll sometime scratch her back feet a few feet away from where she actually "piddled". If she's on dirt...oh the glory...nothin like dirt between your toes! She really seems to enjoy this sort of "scent marking" and I don't think it really matters if she's a few feet from where she marked, she just wants to spread her scent all around! Another thing that's funny/strange is that she sometimes tries to pee like a "guy-dog" and she'll actually lift her leg a little against a curb/snowbank...odd...

Guest Anonymous

:lol: I had a chihuahua when I was younger, and she grew up around all male dogs, so that's how she peed! :o When she was little she'd "Squat" like a female, then after a while of hanging out with all the male dogs down the road (there was like NO female dogs until after we got Hazel! LOL It's like one of those trend things I guess... LOL) and she'd lift her leg! Did until the day she died... it was the weirdest thing!

:lol:

There was a Mastiff X who used to play with Bk at the park. Her owner was most impressed with BK's agile ways, because even though he was half her weight and 2/3 of her size he managed to pin her down a number of times... apparently she's a bit of a Romeo (Romette? Juliet?) when it comes to lovin' and also likes to pee like a man too. :D