Dogomania

Sheltie with out White

pzoo9

I have adopted a dog from the Shelter that could be a sheltie. It is a stretch though. She is blue Merle, but she does not have the signature white collar or chest. I have never seen a photo of a Sheltie without those markings.

Does this ever happen? I know that there are a lot of "pet quality" dogs out there. A sheltie owner has told me that this is a very rare occurance. Any breeders with an opinion?

I have never in all the years I have been in the breed seen one as you describe.
It could possibly be a first cross with something else
Have a picture you can put on the list.?
I will do some research and get back to you as soon as possible
I have always bred merles so I am deeply interested in this item
Ickle :o :o

A friend of mine is aquantances with the woman who has had the top sheltie bitch (she was the top at least last year)...any how..that little sable, I do believe, is all brown, exctept for her tail tip I think... I know she has been reffered to as a plain brown paper bag...i won't swear to it...but i don't think she has hardly any white, if any on her...

I have a photo going up on the breeds list as "Mixed Breed" Tristan und Isolde. It is not the best photo of her, but she is sitting pretty with my other dog. I have a better one, but I don't know how to attach in here. How does it work?

She has prick ears and is very shy so, she holds her ears back a lot. At rest, they stick out at 11:00 and 1:00. At attention they are straight up.

She is probably just a mix of cattledog and something fuzzy. I still love her though. She has a merle and black mask, brown boots and the underside of her face is brown. Her back end is growing long and white. We joke that maybe she put her "collar" on backwards. She weighs around 25 lbs.

Thank you for your responses. [/img]

Merles with out white I have seen in other breeds Ie cardigan corgis and my other half thinks he has seen a Aus.Shepherd like this but at the moment I have found no one in the breed over here in their country of origin who can ever remember seeing a merle sheltie with absolutely no white With very little white but not completely without.( Most of these people are or were the top breeders in the country)
Still checking the books and other breeders :o
Ickle
Ps yes we get all sables but they are a law to themselves having such a wide range sable colours