Dogomania

My Weird Dog

corgilady

:o

OK you know what a struggle Koda has been. Last night I took him (only him) upstairs with me to watch a movie. He of course was thrilled and rolled all over me most of the time. We had been up there about an hour when we started playing a little rougher(wrestling) and he was jumping on & off the couch. He also bowed while up on the couch, and kind of bent sideways with his head on the seat and BARKED at me for like, 10 minutes. I kept asking him what he wanted but I couldn't figure it out. So I told him to settle down, and made him lay there beside me. I had my hand on his head and I felt his ears go back like they do when he feels guilty. He then jumped up and ran off and ---- he had peed all over the couch! While laying on it!!!! Is that weird or what? I don't *think* he was telling me he needed out; normally he goes back and forth to the stairs!What's up with this?????

More conjecture, but maybe he is a bit submissive, felt that you where angry with him (telling him to settle down) and urinated to show his submissivness, i dont think it was that he really had to pee, because he would have at least tried to get in a better peeing position like squatting. I did some research on submissive urination when i was thinking of adopting a dog who had that problem and it sounds like thats what it MIGHT be, its not voluntary, its a reaction to feeling submissive, and can be helped by raising the dogs self esteem, and it can have varying degrees, so maybe he just has a very mild case.

[quote name='corgilady']:o

OK you know what a struggle Koda has been. Last night I took him (only him) upstairs with me to watch a movie. He of course was thrilled and rolled all over me most of the time. We had been up there about an hour when we started playing a little rougher(wrestling) and he was jumping on & off the couch. He also bowed while up on the couch, and kind of bent sideways with his head on the seat and BARKED at me for like, 10 minutes. I kept asking him what he wanted but I couldn't figure it out. So I told him to settle down, and made him lay there beside me. I had my hand on his head and I felt his ears go back like they do when he feels guilty. He then jumped up and ran off and ---- he had peed all over the couch! While laying on it!!!! Is that weird or what? I don't *think* he was telling me he needed out; normally he goes back and forth to the stairs!What's up with this?????[/quote]

I think he needed to go outside --- trying to tell you by barking for 10 minutes. :wink: He kept asking (differently than before), then you made him lay down and be still, he just couldn't hold it.

wellllll trust me, the next time he barks at me WE ARE GOING OUTSIDE!!!

Of course now that I think about it when we are OUT and he barks at me we immediately come in ... so soon it will be like a revolving door. :roll:

We were not in a new PLACE Mei-mei, as that is our usual routine, but we did it without the other dogs; that's what was new.

I thought about the submissive thing but it was such a large amount....don't they normally just dribble ? We haven't had that problem before.

I have informed him that I do not speak dog, and the next time he needs out, just ask. In a complete sentence, with correct grammar.

[quote name='corgilady']He also bowed while up on the couch, and kind of bent sideways with his head on the seat and BARKED at me for like, 10 minutes.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I had my hand on his head and I felt his ears go back like they do when he feels guilty. He then jumped up and ran off and ---- he had peed all over the couch![/quote]
Joey the Chi does the sideways head thing, and he is very submissive. He doesn't bark, but he's never really barked at any of us, so that may just be him. He's also a submissive pee-er, and sometimes I think he gets so into his submissive postures that he just starts peeing, and then he gets "embarrased" and can't stop :lol: . Koda may have just had to pee though, and was a little disturbed that you weren't listening :roll:

[quote name='corgilady']And by the way....just so you know.... while he was barking I was NOT ignoring him.... I paused the movie and said, do you need to go outside? Do you want some water? Where is your toy? What is WRONG??????

heehee :lol:[/quote]

Is it a fire? Do you want milk? Are you cold? :lol: :lol: Don't you just love them when you think that they want something (barking at you) and when you give it to them --- they give you "that look" of "gee mom you're ignorant" or "gee dad you ARE stupid"? Humbling to say the least. :-?

Where would we be with out them??? Rich, I know....but sad.

Guest Anonymous

Duck does that too.I mean, not the barking, but she pees a lot.i mean, she's 5 months old.And once when my friends came over and started petting her, and she just peed, right there on the floor, without sniffing or squatting...then I put her in the kitchen for a few minutes to clean up the mess and then went I went back to get her...another puddle on the floor. :o Then i tried holding her(she knows not to pee on ME) and she peed, right on my pants. :roll: Was she being submissive or just overexcited, like most people say?