Dogomania

Dog in BIG trouble!

usmcbyrd

Guest Anonymous

Cute comments :wink:
But seriously, have you taken the dog to a Vet?
Did it swallow any of the glasses, or just chew them up?
I hope no pieces got swallowed, because your dog could be in more trouble than from your wife.

well as bad as it sounds everything might be okay, well you might not have too much of a problem. I knew a husky who managed to swallow a cell phone and a few days later they found it in the yard! :o but go talk to your vet he'll probably X-ray the dog and either say he'll sh*t it out in a couple of days OR were gonna have to go in and get it. worse case you spend a couple 100 bucks and you get a funny story

[quote] [color=brown]DO think some punishment is justified here. What you need to do is roll up that newspaper, smack yourself on the head a few times, and say 'Thats what I get for not watching my puppy!' LOL, just kidding there unless of course you like that advice! [/color][/quote}

hahaha! how true! And unfortunately, when mine do somethjing like that...welllllll.....there's only me to blame! :oops:

corgilady[/quote]

When Brittany was a wild pup and first moved in, I had dents in my head from all the newspaper smacking I had to do. She was the dog that would actually chew on the corners of the walls, a VERY busy little girl. A friend of mine used to remind me daily, 'you said you liked a challenge, you got one!'

[img]http://members.toast.net/agilk9s/Britt_Bowl.jpg[/img]

Guest Anonymous

hmmm...
Hazel very recently chewed the cord on my husbands very expensive gaming joystick... he hasn't seen it yet, and I hope to fix it before he sees it!! :o I just knew all those stupid wiring lessons he gave me were going to come in handy!!! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='usmcbyrd']all the little bastard did is chew them and made them totally unwearable. he didnt swallow anything. he just marked up the glass part really bad.[/quote]

I can't believe that you talk about your dog like this. As bad as some pups can be, none of them deserve to be called a "bastard". Their behaviour is directly related to the training they are receiving from their owner, in most cases.

And who's fault was it that he got ahold of the glasses!?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K']I don't understand why you are in this conversation at all Guest!? are you saying that he teaches the dog to chew glasses?..or that he frequently chews glasses in front of the dog?...he can call his dog what he likes as it is HIS dog...and if you had read a bit more carefully before posting your high-handed remarks you would see it is all a bit of fun we were having...or did you really expect him to ask for the recipe for the Lime marinade???? :roll:[/quote]

K -- REREAD my post. I never said or accused him of teaching his dog to chew his glasses, or that he frequently chews glasses in front of him. He or his wife left the glasses that were accessible for the dog to get ahold of. He shouldn't nor his wife should be mad at the dog. You saw GUEST and felt the need to attack. Whatever...your grouchy, take a nap!

I DID read the posts alot more carefully than you read my post. I DID see the humor in roasting his dog --- but to call the dog a bastard was uncalled for. Just never mind, if I wasn't a GUEST --- we wouldn't be having this conversation.

This forum is a PUBLIC forum and not just for members. If you feel the need to be private --- MEMBERS only --- than petition the website and get it changed, until then...I have just as much right as YOU and everyone else to comment. If you don't like it.....TOUGH!

okay boomer

your right we hate your pathetic attempt at anonimity but so be it you leave me stabbing in the dark fine I've gotten quite good at it.

USMCBYRD is a perfactly capable dog owner and I have every confidence that he has done everything in his power to teach his dog the way to live. but sometimes dogs out do us its life, sometimes they get the better of our forethought and they must be swatted for it. because if your dont swat the dog and you swat yourself it becomes a game of, "what can I do that daddy hasn't told me not to do yet?" if you want to go around and swat yourself everytime the dog pis$es on the carpet fine. Cuz all your gonna end up with is a migrain and a house that smells like pi$s. please do not patronize because we do not agree with your opinions.

What you have implied isn't all that rare here. This "hit yourself" method is used by people all over this board, I dissagree with them as much as I do you, but I keep my mouth shut I respect that boundry until someone crosses it. like you have done. so just [b]shut up [/b]

and anyway how are you gonna start sh!t with K? I mean Jesus thats like taking on the freakin pope dude, she is totally non confrontational (unless its about her dogs or abuse)

and you might as well call me an idiot when you call Byrd an idiot, he's the only other guy like me on this dam board!

:roll: guests......

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='deepseasnake']and anyway how are you gonna start sh!t with K? I mean Jesus thats like taking on the freakin pope dude, she is totally non confrontational (unless its about her dogs or abuse)

and you might as well call me an idiot when you call Byrd an idiot, he's the only other guy like me on this dam board!

:roll: guests......[/quote]

Yeah, I figured it was a testosterone thing. I guess you personally know USMC (guessing United States Marine Corps) Byrd? If you have total confidence in his training, that is not saying much about your ability. AFter reading his posts, he has no idea, either.

A confident person and a person that is a good trainer would not go around calling their dog a bastard.

Yeah, puppies and dogs are going to get into trouble from time to time. The swatting of the butt when they pee in the house is an old method used by people who have no idea what they are doing. Swatting only tells the dog that you don't want him peeing in that spot, so he'll move to another spot. You can argue all you want, that just shows you still don't know what your doing.

I completely agree with you, pretty much :lol:

a pup that young IS gonna have accidents and nothing is gonna change that, but by the time she is 6 months she should have a minimum of an accident every 2 weeks, and that should only be because you didnt get to the door on time, and the pile or puddle should be right at the door. In this case the dog should be put out side you should clean up without the pup seeing you and then bring the pup back in.

I dont think that a dog that poops right in front of you than runs off, needs to be praised, [u][b]IMHO [/b][/u]the dog is testing his boundries and MUST be caught scolded and placed outside! call me old fashion but this makes the most sense, to me anyway

YES when the dog poos outside you should praise him so much he pis$es himself again, just out of excitement!

I believe in playing both ends of the field, negative and possitive enforcment, and you what, it has worked for every one of my dogs

something else to note I've never trained a female dog, as the one I have now already knew not to "go" in the house. and K you have more dogs than me and you also have a bigger variety so I completely respect what you have to say. I also know that if it didnt work you wouldnt suggest it so I'm not gonna ever argue your points (unless you wanted to breed a mother with a son :wink: :D :lol:, just kidding) I might voice a differant opinion but I wouldn't ever argue with yours :D

boomer you are not a very "together" person are you....

okay I was gonna be mean but I wont I want to help you, I can call a shrink, a good one, we can work through these problems, you can lead a normal life again boomer. wouldn't that be GREAT! you could go to a job and people wouldnt throw rocks at you, or spit on your face. let me help you, this existance your living is not a good one WE can get you up out!

and byrd will help to, we dont think you are a bad person we just think you are confused, but then I would be confused to [b]if I had to wake up to 360 degrees of anal tissue[/b]

Just wanted to let everyone know:
First, this is USMCBYRD'S WIFE! Thank goodness I have contacts! :)
Second, it was a total fluke that our puppy got a hold of my glasses in the first place. I will not bother to explain what all the circumstances were cuz quite frankly, it is none of your business. I must say that I put my glasses out of Bruiser's reach. Can we now be told of how idiotic and wrong we are for naming a dog Bruiser? :lol: So until one knows the facts perhaps you should not indicate that something was SOMEONE'S fault!!!
Third, I feel my husband has every right to call OUR dog anything he pleases. I am not one to really write obscenities on a public board but he does. That is his call. And just for your info, it is not uncommon for us to call EACH OTHER obscenities while joking around. Our lifestyle and choice phrases should be none of your concern.
Forth, testosterone levels have nothing to do with this.
Fifth, we are training our pup quite nicely. It's not like we have a dog that is chewing up everything in sight (although he'd like to) and he is not peeing and pooping all over our house. I come from a quite "knowledgable" family. And saying that we lack ability is down right ignorant on your part for you do not know us, our skills, our knowledge, or our background!
Sixth, yes USMC does stand for UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS and proud of it. Also indicating no lack of confidence!

So please, Boomer, take the idiot stick, point it at yourself, and shove it! :evil:

To everyone else HAVE A LOVELY DAY. And thank you for all that have given my husband something enjoyable and constructive to do! :D

"Bastard" can be used as a term of endearment as well as in the pejorative. My family and I use it affectionately with BK and I am sure others do too... It is not a word we ever use to scold him with, and as dogs don't understand English (well not that we know of?) but the tone you use, what does it matter what one calls the dog?
Bruiser is a cool name for a dog! Almost as good as Blitzkrieg (and no, I am not a neo-Nazi skinhead)! :D
(almost at 3 paws now, hurrah)

Guest Anonymous

Thank you Mrs. USMC Byrd! :D Bravo!
I didn't think that we joined up to judge each other. :x
I thought we were here to brag about our dogs, ask questions, give each other advice, have some good natured conversations, answer polls, support each other, while making a little fun & friends.
We all obviously love our dogs, and are doing the best we know how.
We want to share the joy with other like minded people from all over the globe.
You are welcome here anytime!

Guest Anonymous

Like Boomer, I am a a guest. There I was, falling about laughing, and suddenly, there's this anal retentive guy, gving everyone a hard time.

Who cares what you call you pup? Mine did the same to my glasses as a pup, only he took them under the house, and I thought I'd mislaid them, so fumbled around in all sorts of places looking for them. I called him worse than bastard too!

Slow roasting is good - lime marmalade sounds yum, but a nice marinade with red wine, garlic, mushrooms would be nice too!!

Seriously, leave the glasses on the driveway, so your husband drives over them when he comes home - then you can blame him, and serve him your new recipe for dinner, and he'll forget about it.

Where's the dog dear? :lol:

Blitzkrieg, now that is a good dog name I actually considered "panzer" for my boxer, but still not quite sure.......BYRD 2 things

first, congrats you had your first guest talk sh!t, you are really part of the group now, but you were defended much quicker then when I survived my first attack :D
second, what are some good american weapons that will double as dog names, I cant think of any as, names like sea wizz and shefield just dont quite do it for me

well boomer, you can shove you single minded opinion up your a$$. the next time you come on here to attack someone you better think twice. as far as me calling my dog a bastard you are right i shouldnt have called him a bastard. i now realize i wasted that bastard on him when i should of called you a bastard. next, if you think that me being a marine automatically gives me huge amounts of testosterone maybe you should of joined the marines but then again your lack of balls would just have gotten you weeded out with the 10% that dont have what it takes. i sure hope your dog is not as much of a P.O.S. as the owner, because after all the behavior is directly related to the training it recieves from the owner. poor dog. please feel free to pm me or call me for that matter. hell maybe we can be friends and i can stop by and you can give me some of your expert advice on how to properly raise my dogs. after that i would be happy to properly untrain you from being an idiot. thanks for the laugh. i look forward to hearing from you.

Guest Anonymous

Hello everyone!! I will have to say that Mrs. Byrd has it correct. It is their business what they call their dog, how they train it, and what they do. Offer opinions nicely if they aren't nice keep them to yourself PLEASE! No vocabulary lessons needed here we know all the dirty words but thanks anyway :D !

By the way my dog chews up everything.....and I do mean eveything!!!!