Dogomania

What do you think of this advice?

bk_blue

No matter what anyone says or what they write I believe in desexing animals, just like I personally think certain people SHOULD also be desexed....but thats just me.....

But what they say is wrong from my veiw point.....Gizmo has allways been hard to groom, the fact that she is inside all day and does not develope a winter coat and then looses it in the begining of summer....
So she sheds all day, everyday no matter how much I brush her and bathe her!! LOL Ohh well I still love her! :D

LOL I can think of some people who need neutering too...
Gizmo is adorable!!! What is it with some dogs and their shedding coats? BK is exactly the same, his hair ends up in the washing, in the kitchen... not to mention Rinny's (our other dog, a 15yo GSD mix) fluffy hair, the birds use it for their nests :lol:

At the moment BK's an outside dog (dad's decision, not mine!). He used to be an inside dog, then we moved house and he became an outside dog. When I move out of home in November, he's coming with me, and he will be free to roam inside once again... I don't know how the hair still ends up everywhere though!
Gizmo is gorgeous, look at the photo... how could something that playful-looking be anything but cute?! :lol: So is Sasha BTW :)

Guest Anonymous

I dont agree with that at all! What if the dog got loose while she was in heat? There is always a possibility that something can happen and we dont need annother litter of unwanted puppies!
Also if you are so worried about spending the least amount possible on your dog, you dont need one! A simple thing like buying a Brush, now you can think about not spending TOO much money, but important things like Vet bills you are gonna have to pay! I cant belive they would say that!

1st off, I absolutely agree that ANY dog not intended for breeding in order to improve or add something wonderful to the breed should be spayed or neutered.
However, I do understand what is meant by 'spay coat'. Females who are spayed and therefore do not go through the hormonal fluctuations may grow ENORMOUS coats that are soft and highly mattable. In BSD's, one can brush and brush until your arms fall off and the girlie dog just smiles and grows more coat. I believe it's primarily the undercoat that is the problem, the soft, fluffy, tangled down tight to the skin undercoat.
Of course the problem may be partly due to breeding dogs for huge show coats in the first place.

Guest Anonymous

I can't believe any reputable breed club would post such rubbish when almost every breed club is trying to educate people into spaying and neutering all pet quality dogs. They did not bother to mention the most important fact that spaying/neutering can virtually eliminate cancers of the reproductive system.

Guest Anonymous

sheesh grooming!! Oh no I just got Hazel spayed!
Ha what a joke... I would spay her even if she turned into the fluffiest hairball in the world... nothing could make me want to go through having puppies, or health problems, or doggie pms!

Guest Pat, obviously it cant be a 'reputable' breed club!
This kind of advice leads to unwanted pregnancys and dogs being put to sleep or worse still going to a home that may abuse them for the rest of thier life!!!
If people aren't prepared for the extra grooming, they shouldn't get a long haired dog, it is as simple as that. And for those people who want a long haired dog and don't want the exra grooming of a desexed one? They are obviously irrisponsible and shouldn't have a dog at all!

ya know its junk like this that keeps those dang guests poping up all the time asking everyone about their "intentions" when ever anything remotly close to a reproductive system is mentioned.

like that one I told off in the "so cali puppy" post...dang that felt good, you know I could never had said that unless I had a paw :wink:

anyway yeah thats junk dude, I hate it when people dont fix their dogs its like drinking and driving = it only leads to trouble in the end