Dogomania

Pooh Bear lived up to his name while I was gone

JackieMaya

Almost every day I was gone to Texas Pooh Bear pooped on the futon. The dog sitter washed the futon quilt every day. One day while I was gone he pooped AND peed on it. And when I got home tonight, he had pooped and peed on the futon.

I suppose it was the combination of me being gone for almost a week along with being on a different schedule than normal that threw him off. Hopefully now that I'm back and they'll be back on their nightowl schedule the inside pooping will stop.

Unfortunately I'll be leaving again the end of next week to go to Las Vegas and Los Angeles, but I'll only be gone for four days on that trip.

And one time Maya got out without her harness, but the dog sitter ran after her and caught her before she was able to get over the fence. I told her that I ALWAYS let the dogs out in the same order, one at a time: Maya first (so I can get her harness on), then Pooh Bear, then Jackie. She said that Pooh Bear was jumping around and wanting to go out so she let him go outside out of turn. And one time Maya saw her opportunity for escape and took it, but the sitter was able to catch her. When I told her the reason for the turn-out routine, she said that that made sense. She won't make that mistake again.

It's great being back home with my babies. I missed them terribly while I was gone.

Even though Pooh Bear has eaten my furniture and pooped on my futon and got the neighbors mad at me about his barking, I just absolutely love that little shit (pardon the pun). Like I told Kat, he's a wonderfully well-behaved pupper about 90% of the time. Once I get home from work tonight, I'll see if that percentage goes down. :-?

Well, when I got home from work Wednesday night (my first day back to work), Pooh Bear had pooped on the futon again. But I think he had eaten most of it (Greenie poop -- yummy) because there wasn't too much. I don't think they were sure I was coming back last night. Hopefully they know that I'm home to stay now (they don't know yet that I'm leaving again the end of next week -- shhhhhh), so hopefully there won't be any futon presents tonight.