Dogomania

Crating Kiani

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am getting so mad at her lately. Everything she does, she thinks she's one step ahead of me. Like trying to run to the car when she's tied up so she doesnt get left behind. Never listen to Kari's orders. Peeing in the house, she's done it twice early in the morning now, and never wimpers or whines or lets me know she needs to go. Although she managed to get her butt stuck in the kitchen (we were cleaning it up and left some stuff in the hallway) and she couldn't get back over it.
I've tried my best to always enforce that she's not allowed in the kitchen. That's where the litter box is and all the small animals are. But if I don't leave her tied, I always find her in there. Usually with her head out the window. (I leave the accordian things from the window ac open to let the cat in and out).
I've never had these problems with her originally, and here they are popping up one by one. And it's really getting to me.

What age is she? She sounds like she is challenging you for authority. Spend one on one time with her taking her out for proper long walks (not just a jaunt around the block..proper walks that last an hour long). Do some obedience training with her, to build up the bond and to remind her where her place is in the home. When you play with a tuggy ball teach her to give on command and take it from her. Don't let her just drop it. Simple little things like this can help and always make sure you get your point across. Use a stern and firm voice with her when you are commanding her, so that she knows you aren't messing about. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

[i]What age is she?[/i] about 4 now
[i]She sounds like she is challenging you for authority. Spend one on one time with her taking her out for proper long walks. [/i]I'm starting to run short on time for this... i just got a new job, but hopefully we'll be able to spend more time at the dog park. I lost her halti, so I hate taking her for walks, she pulls way to hard like my arm is gonna pop out. But she's semi alright just going around the block.
[i]Do some obedience training with her, to build up the bond and to remind her where her place is in the home. [/i] Well if this job works out, I'll definatly have the money, I just hope I can have the time.
[i]When you play with a tuggy ball teach her to give on command and take it from her.[/i] Her play? I can't even get her to like the kong toy I bought for her. The only time she has anything in her mouth that's not her food, is my food, and then she swallows it whole. Ripped half a beef and cheddar sandwich out of my hand one day.
[i]Don't let her just drop it.[/i] Hard to do when it's gone in two seconds cause she knows she's in trouble.
[i]Simple little things like this can help and always make sure you get your point across. Use a stern and firm voice with her when you are commanding her, so that she knows you aren't messing about.[/i] No, she just thinks she's being smart by acting before I tell her to. I can never get her to stay sitting while I take her off the tether to put her in the car. Then she can never wait till I put the seat forward. And if I leave her at home, she pees. It's like if I say "good doggie" that's her reward and she no longer has to follow through. Like I'll tell her to sit, stay, momments later, good doggie. Bamn she's right out of sit and jumping in the air. She's gotten really bad about jumping up, and it's bothering me.
I'm really getting to my witts end with her.

Honestly, you just have to show her who's boss, that means SERIOUS obedience training, I had the same problem with Clea, but by working every day, its almost completely done.. Now, she occasionally jumps up on others, but NEVER me, because she knows my authority over her. And yet I'm still working to get her like that with everyone. You can't let any bad deed go unpunished(except the ones that go on when your not there, because that will just confuse her) the next time she does even the SLIGHTEST thing wrong, scold her repeatedly and loudly in a firm voice. Show your anger, dogs have an extremely good radar for how your feeling, and will respond accordingly. You might want to work on the Sit-stay routine, use an extendable leash, so you still have control of her, the first time tell her to sit, praise her, then take two steps backwards telling her to stay. Stand for a moment, then tell her to come. Praise her and repeat this increasing the number of steps you take with every succes. If you do this at least once everyday, believe me she'll get the hang of it. I know how frustrating it can be, I've had dogs that have been hell to train, but with the right techniques, and a LOT of patience, it'll all work out!
Good luck, keep us posted :wink: