Dogomania

Kavik Went Off His Food Again

DogPaddle

Kavik has never been much of an eater.
After I got the Innova he was a bit better and on the Evo he was pretty much a regular dog in regards to eating.
He started picking at his food the last week. I had to start shutting him in a room with it - Zaphod is quick. Now he hasn't eaten for two days. Otherwise he is perfectly fine.
The only changes were:
One day this week I made homemade for both of their meals because I was out of dog food - this was after he was getting picky.
The weather is nicer.
I got the giggley treat ball.

Any thoughts?

He's 3 1/2. I just mixed up some of the homemade stuff and he ate it. Silly, pain in the ass, dog. I suppose it could be his teeth as the homemade is softer. We have a vet apt today anyway so I'll mention it but likely he just decided not to eat kibble anymore.

No need to apologize. Better to be safe than sorry and I joined Dogo to benefit from others experiences. I'm sorry to hear about your poor senior dog.

Maybe I will just switch to mixing homemade and kibble so he will both have an incentive and find it harder to avoid eating the kibble.

Jackie is a bit of a picky eater. If she's not hungry when it's lunch time, she won't eat. If I want to make sure she eats when the other dogs do, I'll squirt some doggie gravy on the bottom of her bowl and then put her dry food on top. That way she has to eat the food to get to the "good stuff." I've done it with peanut butter on the bottom of the bowl too.

OK been to the vet (to get their heartworm preventative) and the vet doesn't seem worried. Could be because both of the boys have gained weight. Kavik is 20 kg (44lb) and Zaphod is 31.4 kg (69 lb) :o
Both their weights are fine and Kavik is still on the lean side. Zaphod is fine at the weight he is but shouldn't gain anymore. I'm still stunned - he is nearly 70lbs, I knew he was filling out through the chest and a fairly big boy but I thought 65lbs absolute max and wet.