Dogomania

Sydney's Eyes...

Something's up with Sydneys eyes. Yesterday morning, I noticed she was squinting, they where watering more than usual (making a tear stain by one eye) and her nictating membrane was showing a little in the inner corner of her eyes. So I flushed them out with some opti-clear and went to work. When I came home Saturday night from work, they looked a bit better and I flushed them out again, which by the way, she is NOT cooperative about! :lol:

When she gets excited, like when Im going to feed her or take her for a walk, she opens her eyes all the way and they look normal.

Today they still aren't back to normal, and all the vets are closed today, so I'm going to make an apointment first thing tomorrow when I get to work.

I'm just not sure what could of caused this. She came in season on Thursday, but that wouldn't give her any problems with her eyes? Another thing I was thinking, Friday night, I brought home some bacon type jerky treats for her. She'd never had these before, is it possible mabye this is some type of allergic reaction to something in the treats?

Hopefully the vet will take care of everything, I hope its nothing serious. :cry:

[quote name='Kat']it sounds like she has maybe got something in there and its causing her discomfort. The vet is your best bet to see under illumination if theres anything nasty like a grass seed stuck there. :wink:[/quote]

Hopefully its just that and nothing major. Her eyes are looking better since Ive been flushing them out every so often, but I'm still going to take her to the vet just to be on the safe side :wink: