Dogomania

Mr(s) C@T - Help!

boosiebutt

Help! I have a c@t living in my garage right now. He or she was in there before, curled up in some foam that I have for upholstery. I left the garage door up one night, and the next morning, we heard a meowing, so I looked around for where it was coming from, and startled him off before I could catch him.

I just went out into the garage to get the vacuum, and P&P joined me to grab it, but when I called them to come back into the house, Peanut started barking at the garage and wouldn't come back in. So, I went investigating again, and there he was! This time, the garage door was closed though, so I he was trapped in there. I don't know if I should try to pick him up, (would that be safe?) but, it's cold in the garage and I'd like to get him inside to warm up. (into a bathroom where Peanut couldn't try to attack the foul creature. That's in Peanut's POV, not mine!)

Anyway, could anybody help? Maybe I could take some water and dog food for the c@t to munch on?

I'll be going door to door in my 'hood, there's only about 10 houses out here, to see if somebody's missing him, then I'll call AC. Or, if anybody else has any suggestions?

Help!

My advice would be to be careful with regards to picking it up. A friend of mine who is a c@t lover found this stray c@t in her yard. C@t seemed friendly, so she picked it up and the c@t went ballistic. Several deep bites and scratches to her hands.

C@t bites are also highly prone to infection due to their saliva, so she had to go to the hospital to get some shots.

Ok, thanks for the advice! I have set some dog food and a bowl of water out in the garage, but I don't think he's come back out of hiding. Now he's on a suitcase on some shelves out there. He doesn't seem too worked up or anything. He doesn't have a collar. I just hope he's warm enough out there! I'll do a little door to door tonight.

ahh for fricks sake I lost my darned post.. :roll: How long has the kitty been there and does it have access to get outside? If it has been there a while and can get out then it sounds like it has adopted you. Your best bet would be to get a c@t trap and take him to your local shelter or adopt him yourself if you are in a position to and have a vet check him/her over.

I'm not sure how long he's been there. I only had the garage door open overnight the first time, and when I went out the next morning heard a meowing and found him, and he took off out of the garage. Then I haven't heard him since then, until today. I accidentally left the garage door open last night. Then I got up this morning and took my mom to work, closing the garage door as we left. Then I came home and parked outside of the garage, and left the door shut. When I went out to grab the vacuum, Peanut had a little frenzy, and I realized the c@t was in there again. I don't think he's been living out there, because Peanut only freaked today... and Peanut's been out in the garage before this, and the door is usually closed.

Maybe I should open the door for a little bit and see if he takes off for home? I don't want to drive him out though, if he doesn't have any other warm(ish) place to go.

I'm actually going to the HS tomorrow to do some volunteer training, so I could take him in if he's still here tomorrow.

My Mom's freaking out, because she thinks the c@t is going to adopt us. She's waaaay not a c@t person, because of the last one we had being totaaly insane and a biter. I told her I won't adopt the cat, but I'm not going to just chase him out into the cold.

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='pwrpufgirlz']how come I can say cat?

By the way, good luck finding the kitty's home![/quote]

You can say c@ at the end of a line like your other post, as well as with puncuation, like this post. But try and post "Maybe you could try to catch the c@ with a humane trap and take it to the shelter" and I bet you can't ;)

So anyway, the HS will probably rent or lend you a humane trap, or if the dogs have a carrier, you could try putting food inside of it and seeing if you can catch it in there. Or you could let him in and see if your mom won't change her mind? ;)