Dogomania

Not one, but 2 dog shootings yesterday

Guest Mutts4Me

Guest Mutts4Me

First off, I live in Flint, Michigan. If you've not heard of it, it's the hometown of Michael Moore. More familiar? Anyway...

Just a couple years ago, Flint was ranked in the Top 5 "Dangerous Cities" in the US. It's not anymore, but it is just an hour out of Detroit, which is currently #1. So, being a "dangerous city" and all, you can imagine it's full of "dangerous dogs." Pit Bulls are everywhere. They're head-to-head with Labradors in the Classified section. Rottweilers... well, I've got three viscous ones across the street from me.

So it's not uncommon to see dog stuff on the local news, like alleged pit bull attacks, or fighting rings breaking up, or just dog fights in general. I don't post about it. It's too depressing to see on a regular basis. But yesterday was an eventful day.

On the other side of town, police were called in by a family that was trapped inside their house by their neighbor's raging Pit Bull,

oh Mutts.....I know how you feel. I dont live in the best area of the state either (illinois) and things like this are not uncommon here either. Gunshots in the middle of the night are not unusual.

As for the "kid", he has no excuse. he's not a kid anymore at 21. I am certain this isnt the first time his uncle has complained about paying for the dog, and now with puppies, he's probably fed up. He is just as guilty as the shooter, for "ordering" it, but the kid didnt have to comply either. we allknow the mother should have been spayed, but thats besides the point now. If his uncle was that adamant about it, he could have taken them all to a shelter. For that matter, he could have tried to get a job, unless there is something seriously wrong with him. If for nothing else, to pay for the dogs. He is an adult at 21.

This is one of those situations where I again insist there should be mandatory spay/neuter for any dog that's not being bred, by a licensed breeder, or shown. Same goes for cats. especially for cats.

I feel for you Mutts. It's hard to see this crap day in and day out....

:x

Geez-o-petes Mutts, I cant imagine having to live in an area and be subjected to violence like that every day. I live many hours north of you in the U.P., jobs up here are scarce and the wages are mighty low, but the peace of mind I have knowing that my kids arent going to die in a gang war or drive by is worth it. The city is lucky to have a caring person like you to make a difference..you may not think that being just one person you do, but its a ripple effect.