Dogomania

Eating and Digestive Problems

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My 19 month old Boxer, Keo, is having problems with his food. We had him on Nupro puppy for 1 year, then switched him to adult. About 2 months ago, it seems he started turning up his nose at it and wouldn't eat and if he did eat it, he would throw it up shortly after eating. We thought maybe too many treats were the answer. We took away most of the treats with no change in his eating behavior. The vet gave us 6 different samples of Science Diet to try and the one he liked the best was Sensitive Stomach. However, about every 3 or 4 days, he throws it up right after he eats -- like it never gets to his stomach for digestion because it is still whole. Anyone have any suggestions for me? We live in a small town and our vet is a country vet -- I don't think he has a specialty -- especially in Boxers.

is it possible that he is eating too fast? that's one thing that comes to mind immediately if he otherwise appears healthy and has no other issues.

side note on the brand you are feeding: in my opinion nutro is the better brand, don't bother wasting your money on science "fiction" - it's a popular brand but poor quality.

still, if you can, you should switch to a better quality food, even nutro is just "middle of the road", especially if you consider the price tag. have a look [url=http://www.mordanna.com/dogfood]here[/url] for some info in how to identify better products.

you say you live in a rural area, check out your local feed and farm supply stores, often they carry better quality foods than your run-of-the-mill pet store, or are willing to special order something for you. premium edge or "chicken soup for the dog lover's soul" are two decent quality brands worth looking at if you can't locate any of the higher quality ones. :)