Dogomania

is my dog ok...he hurt himself

ok he was in chair beside me about 14 in off the ground and he try to jump into my lap and closedlined himself on arm rest.. after he fell he started whimmpering alot and limped around for min or so now he can walk alright on it but hes not runnig around like crazy ..i figured if there was break he'd yepping still and i gave him bone rubb down he didnt whimmper at all ..just kept eating on hes treat..i dont have money for a vet

Guest Anonymous

i'd just keep an eye on him...
but if you can't afford a vet, then maybe you shouldn't have a dog... emergancies could come up at anytime..

this is a basset hound, right?

due to their proportions (long back, short legs) they are very predisposed to back injuries and prolapsed disks. do not let your dog jump up or down furniture, in or out of the car and do not let him climb stairs - especially not while he is a puppy.

as far as the comment on having no money for the vet goes - maybe you should consider rehoming this dog. caring for a dog properly costs money and you might be able to get around by skipping proper care and buying cheap food etc. for a while, but ultimately you are going to run into trouble, especially with a breed that is prone to a lot of health issues.

sorry to be blunt, but i can't sugarcoat it.