Dogomania

What do you do?!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Right now I do frisbee and agility with Coal, and would LOVE to get into Diving with him, but have yet find a single resource for that in Canada :-? I don't compete, yet, but I'm HOPING to compete in agility by the end of the year, and with Frisbee if I can get any trials down this way, I'm still contacting people and the DDAC.

I was out there today working with Coal, and combined some Agility with Frisbee :D 8) Tried to get him to go through the tire then catch the frisbee... but some how he thought I was teaching him to catch the frisbee, then when returning it go through the tire :lol: :lol: :roll:

Meg and I do agility and obedience to championship standard which are our main sports, but we also do canine freestyle displays at schools, hospitals and events and shows which is always great fun :D Its great hearing the crowds go oooooh when I leave Meg at one end of the ring or area where we are and signal to her and she gallops full pelt across to do a flying leap over my raised leg as part of a routine :D

Also we do pets as therapy visiting and visit sick kids in hospital, and Meg is a registered SARDA dog and when we are called out we help to track down people that are lost in the mountains or forests.

I love having such a great versatile wonderful little dog :wink:

Good luck with the diving Shara! Its not something that I'm very familiar with at all so I would love to know more info about it. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Oooh! Sounds like fun! :D
I'd LOVE to get into therapy work! I think Coal would do awsome with it! He's such a sweet boy, LOVES to cuddle :D But right now, he's still just a pup and I'm afraid would creat a lot of 'Crashes" in hospitals :lol: :lol:

I am wainting for a CGN program to come near here. I know that there's someone in Prince George who teaches them, but last I checked, I may have to wait a whole year for the next one :-?
There's some more info on it here: [url]www.ckc.ca[/url] I can't remember how i found it though on this site... I think I was looking at something to do with Agility :wink: I know the page is hidden in there somewhere :P

There's a "Dock Dogs" assosiation for the states, and I contacted them to see if they knew of anything that Canada offers, still waiting for a reply :wink: In the meanwhile, still searching! :D Coal is a GREAT leaper, and LOVES to swim, so I just know he'd excell at it! 8)

Guest Anonymous

[url]http://www.ckc.ca/default-refresh.asp[/url]

There it is! :D On the side, it says "Canine Good Neighbor" click on that and it will tell you more info :wink: Just ifyour interested, I know yer not Canadian :lol:

• 3 months later...

we try to keep ourselves busy over here regarding dog activities....

right now, my older vizsla nessa competes in obedience and has been going through training for agility. she also has her CGC.....

the younger vizsla is still a wee pup. hopefully this pup will be active in obedience, agility, flyball, and therapy when maturity sets in. I have high hopes....

cheers,
Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Web does conformation, agility, freestyle and obedience at the moment. So far we've only competed in conformation, but hopefully next year Web'll be ready for the other stuff too...

I'm going to start training tracking (blod) and retrieving this year too... I've started a bit, but next spring I'm giong to go to training classes in each and that ought to make it better.

Tracking (human) and Rapport I want to do eventually. Don't know when...

When I turn 18 I would like to try to get into the search & rescue training. Its pretty tough to get into, but Web's grandma was a search and rescue dog, and his mom got into the training for it (but didn't actually become a "real" search&rescue dog), so he has it in his genes! Plus, he has a real love of people, and is stubborn and determined, so I think its not completely impossible...

When (if) I move I would like to do flyball and therapy too.. Unfortunatly they don't have that in Sweden.