Dogomania

DOG FIGHTING IS OK.......AT LEAST THATS WHAT I GOT FROM IT!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Alright, I haven't been around dogomania for long, and I was just surfing the various links that the site offers. I stumbled upon the PIT BULL REPORTER MAGAZINE at [url]http://www.pbreporter.com/[/url]

When I went to the FAQ's, I nearly flipped my lid. Normally I expect any pit bull sites to promote anit dog fighting.... however, let me quote one of the questions and the answer that followed:

"Isn't dog fighting cruel?
Well, that is the very popular misconception! Unfortunately, several organizations who make millions of dollars "combatting dog fighting" by collecting money from gray-haired, well-meaning old ladies have created and perpetuated the myth. In actuality, dog fights are conducted by a set of rules that allow a combatant to "quit" the fight at any time he/she wishes and most fights end that way when a dog shows it wishes to stop and fails to willingly return to combat by "scratching." This is where the old saying "is he up to scratch?" comes from. (See "Cajun Rules")"

That is a popular misconception? I am sure hundreds of people visit this site, and the fact that it justifies dog fighting is absolutely bazarre... this is what urges people to look into this so called "sport" in the first place!!! :evil:

I urge all of you to write in to the editor and complain about this nonsense.
The contact information is on the website...Furthermore...LETS GET RID OF THIS LINK off of dogomania.com for crying out loud!

OH..and another thing...the site also sells "BREAKING STICKS"...uhmm.....ENOUGH SAID!!! :x

Guest Anonymous

oh and by the way... [url]www.pitbulls.com[/url] also sells breaking/parting sticks...just for anyone else who's interested in writing to their editor as well. :-?

Guest Anonymous

Sorry but I disagree about every pit bull owner having to own a breaking stick. :-? to me it makes it sound like pit bulls are always known to attack one another, which is not the case, and only supports the stereotype of the breed being known as a vicious dog that can strike at any time. Where I live there are alot of irresponsible dog fighters and breeders around, and the only reason they buy the sticks is to either hit the dogs or break up the dog fights they have.

In my opinion it just makes the whole stereotype situation worse.. *shrugs* I wrote in to the editor anyways...

Guest Anonymous

Alright I understand that the stick is not to be used for negative reasons..but what I am saying is that alot of people DO... that is why when I saw it on the website, I automatically assumed it was for the reasons that I associate it with from what I've seen and heard. I guess maybe more information about fighting sticks should be included on websites that sell them then.... for people like me anyways, who haven't seen them being used in any other ways... :fadein:

You made your point about the sticks, but you have to admit that that question on the website was just plain wrong.... :-?

• 11 months later...