Dogomania

Crested movie

kendalyn

I don't know if anyone has heard of this movie. It's called New York Minute and stars Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson. But that's not really the point. The movie also co-stars a Chinese Crested!

[img]http://newyorkminutemovie.warnerbros.com/gallery/15.jpg[/img]

It's kind of a good and bad thing. The breed gets some good publicity but it seems like sometimes when a certain breed is focused on in a movie, they get really popular and people start buying them based only on their popularity in the movie. I would hate for people to start buying Chinese Crested's impulsively. From reading Crested's posts they seem to require a lot of special care. :-?

Guest Mutts4Me

In the preview, the dog gets thrown out of a window. I'm sure it ends up all right though. Wonder if it's the same Crested that was in the Dalmatian movie(s?).

i havent heard of this one, but your right, that would be really bad.but the breed WILL get publicity, which might be good, cuz i dont consider it to be a very popular breed.

i know this is irrelevant..but the Olsen twins are sooo prefect, it drives me mad :evil: anyways..back on topic :roll:

I don't like this one bit! (sorry everyone)

Cresteds DO need special care and you can't just buy them and think they're going to stay hairless just like that. For Bella to be 100% hairless on her body I have to shave her every other day (But I don't care if she has a little hair so I shave her like every 1-2 weeks). Ben on the other hand can be hairless for a week before you can start to see small hairs here and there (he's a true hairless so he doesn't need that much shaving or anything).
So Bella is the hairyest of my two and she isn't even remotely as hairy as MANY other Cresteds. And just by looking at that one picture I can see that THAT crested has a lot more hair then Bella. AND her ears have been shaved. (I've done that with Bella too for a while, but I've started to try and grow the hair back now)

Powder Puffs again need care too. Daily grooming and they allso need to get their face shaved (not completely hairless but a bit) so that their face isn't totally fluffy.

I bathe my two about once a week... once every two weeks TOPS!

Sure it's nice to see Cresteds in movies and TV shows but there are a lot of homeless Cresteds allready especially in the US because of puppy mills. Guess if this movie becomes a hit how many MORE homeless Cresteds that will make and how many Cresteds will end up in Mills because they are the new cool thing!

Aargh! :evil: Sorry... this thing just makes me mad.

As far as I know there are now three movies with a Crested.
102 Dalmatians
How to loose a guy in 10 days
and now this.

This is NOT a good thing for the breed... :cry: