Dogomania

PUPS RESCUED, NEED MEDICAL HELP, PLEASE LOOK HERE

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

First off,
Management, I hope you dont mind me crossposting this here, I just found out and have to crosspost and hope you dont mind. Its 100% legit and not fake, These pups were just rescued from a previouse member on three boards I am a part of. She starved these poor pups and another member went and rescued them all. Once again I hope I am not breaking any rules, regs or making any one angry. I just want to crosspost everywhere that I can.....

Help needed

Five severely emanciated rescue pups are in need of sponsors to help with their medical care and altering costs. All of the pups are under-developed and have mis-shapen bone structure from lack of proper nutrition. One of the pups needs emergency care asap, due to one of his front legs being very swollen and tender. He is in pain and won't bear any weight on it. 100% of all donations will go directly towards the medical (including spay/nueter) and food/care costs of the pups. Donations towards medical care can be made directly to:

Veterinary Medical Hospital
G-3252 Miller Rd
Flint, MI
810-732-0000

Food, bedding and toy donations are welcomed, please email [email][email protected][/email] for mailing address, or paypal instructions.
PayPal: [email][email protected][/email]

I will try to have individual pics of each pup up soon. Everyone who donates towards their medical costs will receive a complimantary PitBull World Mousepad. When the pups are capable of being altered and transported, they will be in need of forever homes.
Complete permission to crosspost!

Pictures are at that link also.....

For more information please click the link below.
( [url]http://groups.msn.com/PitBullWorld/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=28922&LastModified=4675459891960701355[/url] )

Sincerely,
Just a person who cares to much to sit there and do nothing....

Guest Anonymous

Sorry, I forgot to sign in, I dont remeber what my name is here any more,

This is Jessa the one with Gizmo the pitty....K its Jessa!

K go to pitbull world or New life, Im not sure if its at BSL....But its around.....

This was cross posted to another few boards I am on. The pup with the swollen leg looks like he has an infection right into the bone. I really hope that he is operated on asap before septicaemia sets in. If Veterinary surgeons there have a heart they should waive the charges for this pup or at least discount a proportion of the cost. Keep the pressure on the surgeons. A guilt trip works wonders. Drugs are a small proportion of this type of surgery. The majority of the cost is their time. Remind them why they originally went into Veterinary surgery. Lots of luck and keep us posted on what happens.

Guest Mutts4Me

Oh man...

Are they at the hospital right now, or a foster home? That's so depressing.

That hospital is right down the road from PetSmart and Petco... Has anyone talked to them about sponsoring them or anything? Would they do something like that?

Write The Flint Journal. Just a few weeks ago they ran a story about 5 puppies who'd been abandonned, and the response was so overwhelming that all the puppies found homes, plus all but one of the dogs in the two rescues that'd taken them in were adopted. Maybe they'll run a story on these pups, too.

I would also contact the humane society - they can run counter posts and gel up a lot of support with their contacts. They might also agree to help with the care at a reduced cost...good luck to you and the poor puppies...
I would like to see the person who caused this brought to justice....

maybe contact the Animal Cops too....

:o

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='courtnek']maybe contact the Animal Cops too....

:o[/quote]

I still haven't managed to figure out where the breeder of the puppies lives. It was said that the person who brought 5 of the puppies to Flint had to travel, so the breeder was not in Flint. But unless they live in Detroit, I doubt there's anything the Michigan Humane Society (Animal Cops) can do.

Contacting the Genesee County Humane Society and Animal Control may help with garnering support, and I certainly hope the local authorities wherever the breeder lives have been contacted.

Guest Mutts4Me

I emailed Amanda yesterday. She doesn't live inside the city of Flint (as I assumed since the vet was), and she lives in a neighboring town that has a pet limit, so she can't contact any newspapers for fear of being cited for having too many animals.

She does sound very optimistic about all the puppies, and is looking for foster and forever homes. I asked my family what they thought about fostering a pit bull puppy, but they're opposed to fostering anything for fear of keeping it (our original intention was to put Scooter the kitten up for adoption ;)). Plus we're having a hard enough time keeping everything peaceful between the cats, and adding a puppy to the mix would be disasterous to any hint of sanity our animals have left. I am sending her a check right now, and the next time I go to Petsmart or Petco, I'll pick up a gift card, since her vet is right down the road from them.