Dogomania

Something wrong with Jesse's eye

dogsgalore

I was wondering if anyone could help me. Tonight I noticed Jesse's eye had something wronq with it. It looks like what a chip in a marble looks like, it is in the center of his eye. It doesn't seem to do anything to his sight but I can't be sure. It has been like this off and on ever since I got him, but not quite this bad, usually it just looked like a hair was on his eye but now it actually looks like a chip. It could be that he bumped against something, maybe the cat scratched it but it doesn't look like a scratch. Is there any known problem of this type associated with the Westie breed?
Thanks.

That must be painful?!
Sorry I don't know what that might be. Sounds like a vet trip though.
2 out of the 3 Westies (that I can think of) that board at my kennel have eye problems. One is 13 and the other is 15 I think? (Senoirs which is a factor). They both have some type of infection in their eye - they have to be cleaned at least twice a day with medication applied. I'm pretty sure the older one is blind.
How old is your Westie?