Dogomania

Can cats & dogs get the flu?

dogsgalore

Dogs and cats are in no danger of getting any of our flus going around :wink: but, they do have their own diseases which can cause problems...cats are very suseptable to upper respiratory diseases etc.

I would first rule out that its not hairballs which is causing your cat to vomit. Cats are fanatical about their grooming and will get hair balls often...this is the number 1 reason for a cat vomiting....check to see if there is solid lumps of matted fur in the vomit..if so then you can buy different oils at the Vet clinic which will help your cat pass them easier.

As for any health problem where an animal is vomiting, lethargic etc. and you suspect your animal may be ill...take it to a Vet and have it looked over. There are so many reasons for animals to become ill...some are easy to take care of...and some can be a sign of terminal illness. Have your cat and dog examined. :wink:

Thats a good idea...a product I really like is solid gold, they sell cat food as well. With my cats I leave a dish of dry food out, I also feed them soft food as well...soft food gives your cat more fluids in their diets...cats that live solely on dry are prone to urinary tract infections...unless of course your cat drinks enough water. Some cats just will not drink enough water...male cats are more prone to urinary (FUS) than females...one winter I decided to just have my cats on dry and my male ended up with FUS...it was horrible.

Any way, good luck to you and I hope you find what the problem is...you don't have any house plants around your cat may be nibbling on?

Vomiting after eating is common enough in dogs and cats. its not the flu, the virus we concider the flu, but it is that type of thing. its a bug. if your cat isn't eating, or not keeping any food down it is VERY dangerious. Cats CAN'T NOT EAT. if i cat dosen't eat for even one or two days, it can die. the kidneys are in such a way that it is deadly for them. in that regard, i would sugest taking your cat to the vet, make sure everything is good. he/she will proubly perscribe some meds, one or two just to help, but if it is something bad, it is good to catch it now
good luck
Zac

Thank you for all your advice. :D

Mom bought her some Friskies cat food,(I would like her to have something better than that but I don't have a job right now so this will have to do for now), she ate everything Mom put in her dish and hasn't thrown up so that's good. It was the food making the dog throw up too because the cat never ate it all and the dog would eat what she left, making her sick too.

Is Profile a good brand of cat food? No pet store in Brandon sells Solid Gold but they have it at Winnipeg which is two hours away, too bad, I read a pamphlet about the food and it sounds great!