Dogomania

I think I'm gonna be sick....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

First off I know this is in the wrong spot..BUT it won't let me sign in...I'm pretty sure you all ont mind horribly much.

I usally check the Crime, Births, marragies, and deaths everyday in the paper. Well...Yesterday looking in the crime section I found this...

MARSHALL- A runaway was reported at 9:46a.m. Friday on the 700th block of Country Club Drive in Marshall, Marshall Police Said.

Then alittle farther down I see this-

MARSHALL- A runaway was reported at 12:02a.m. Saterday on the 3400th block of U.S. Highway 59, Lyon County Sheriff said.

and Now today I see this-

MARSHALL-- A runaway juvenile boy was located in a incident repoerted at 3:31p.m. (keep that time in mind) Sunday on the 1300 block of peterson Street, Marshall Police Said.

At 3:25 I was on the 1300 block of peterson street...talking to my friend Tweeky(also the guy that I truly admire and like) he was staying with my friends Austin and Darren at Austin's Apartment. His mom reported him as a runaway...he got arrested/picked up shortly after I left :( :o Im so sad...he hasnt been in school for two days..I dont know if he got sent away. Anybody know what they do with runaways....??? (he wasnt really running away he just stayed in town all weekend and didnt go home)

-ICEYSHIVER21

kids run away for a reason. It may not be a valid reason to adults, but in their minds it's valid. That's the trick here. You say he didnt really run away; he just didnt go home. It sounds like he is trying to assert some independence from his parents, but the way he is going about it is causing them much grief. It's a terible thought that your child has left you, and could be in real danger out on the road by themselves.....

As his friend, you can try to find out WHY he decided not to go home....
Good parties? Fight with the parents? Just generally PO'd?

Then try to explain to him that what he did caused a lot of pain, maybe suggest way's he could work with his parents instead of trying to hurt them (a lot of that hurt is intentional....)

If he can prove to them that he can be trusted (by letting them know where he is, if he'll be late, etc) they may ease up on him a little.

good luck

His Mom knew where he was...thats how the police found him...

I dont know alot about him we just truly became friends a month ago..but ive known him for a year. I'm not sure how well he gets along with his mom.. I want to talk to him so BAD! But I dont know where he is...? I dont know where they took him..if he is at home..or what...

Since his mom knew where he was, it sounds like a little "attitude" thing. He decided to spread his wings and not check in. Maybe he wil have learned from this that his parents have his wings clipped and he better
check in....

I am the mom of a teenager. He checks in, because I give him a lot of room to move around in, providing he follows my rules and lets me
know where he is and if he needs help.

Maybe just talk to him? It's the best thing you could do for him. I'm sure there is some anger that, at being reported and dragged home.
Should I say it? Kyle's friends tell me what he's doing, if they think he could get himself in trouble. He;s very pigheaded....

:D