Dogomania

"Humane" society giving dogs away

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

:x I think all of us who love dogs and want what is best for them when we see the "free to good home" ads.

Sometimes these animals do indeed go to a good home...but too often the "good" home is a lab, dog fighting ring, the end of a chain or dumped on a street when the novelty wears off.

It is even worst when the group giving the dogs away is a so-called humane society that should know better. The society where I live has decided that they have too many lab-mixes. The solution? They are going to give them away on a "first come, first served basis." This group makes no effort to check the home out or do a follow-up.

Arkansas, where we are located is infamous for the number of bunchers in the state. The worst is C.C. Baird who is in Pine Bluff.

Thank God, he was raid...and guess what one of the most common dogs in his hell-hole was...lab mixes.

I am sickened by this and trying to make them see all wrong it is. If anyone would like to write a polite letter or call....let me know.

This is jollydog.

That really angers me.. Sounds a lot like my hometown humane society.. They put sick animals to sleep instead of seeking medical attention.. So they are a high-kill shelter. My sisters dog was luckily enough for my sis to fall in love with her.

Someone needs to give your humane society a reality check! :evil:

Guest Anonymous

:evil: Agreed and this is just the tip of the iceburg with this group. The woman who is the shelter director bought a dog from a puppy mill breeder.

I would love to have suggestions on what can be done to get these misguided people to wake up.

Guest Anonymous

This is Jolly dog here who can not get this %#@^& to recognize her.

I would love to get help on changing this policy. This is the HSCC in Arkadelphia , Arkansas. :evilbat:

Guest Anonymous

I agree that home checks should always be done. The exchange of money does not guarantee a good home. The sad thing is this group never checks out anything at all.

The shelter director seems to care most about control. I have never ever seen her show affection for an animal.